Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus, look at those early voting lines! What is wrong with these people?
Jesus, look at those early voting lines! What is wrong with these people?
Why does anyone vote in anyway other than by mail?  Even if you didn't send it in the mail early you can always drop it off at your polling place without standing through some grueling line.  This year I used the early drop off box to turn it in.  I see no reason to trust the US Snailmail to process it without shredding or losing it.  

Are there some states which don't provide for voting by mail?  Why does anyone put themselves through that?
RE: Jesus, look at those early voting lines! What is wrong with these people?
I don't know anything about mail voting but I early voted and I parked up front, walked right in, voted, and was out of there in maybe ten minutes (five of it was me going over all my votes cause I voted for all 15 positions that I could in my local area)
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
I just wondered why you want jesus to look at the early voting lines??

He's sorta useless on every level.  

just sayin.
[Image: ingodwetrustsig_zpsc0r3w6np.jpg]
There are 13 states that have no form of early voting.
I admit, I like going into the booth, but I mailed mine in, feeling like the lines would be uncharacteristically nightmarish. Usually I have no wait, and spend 15 minutes (in the future, probably even less, since I know about SDVote.org and BallotPedia now).
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(November 7, 2016 at 7:20 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Why does anyone vote in anyway other than by mail?  Even if you didn't send it in the mail early you can always drop it off at your polling place without standing through some grueling line.  This year I used the early drop off box to turn it in.  I see no reason to trust the US Snailmail to process it without shredding or losing it.  

Are there some states which don't provide for voting by mail?  Why does anyone put themselves through that?

Many states don't allow it.

In my last state, Massachusetts, they forbid absentee voting for any reason other than being physically unable to get to the polls. And yes, it's a felony to do so and be able-bodied.

Why? Because fuck democracy, that's why. I waited 3 hrs in line to vote in 2012 in freezing temperatures at the largest, oldest public library in the country because these assholes can't be bothered to count.
Quote:because these assholes can't be bothered to count.

Actually it is easier for the election commissions if they don't have to count everything at once.
(November 7, 2016 at 7:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: There are 13 states that have no form of early voting.

Did not know that.  Such a shame that one party depends for its viability upon impeding the election process.  Sadder still the the system is open to such a thing.
(November 7, 2016 at 7:59 pm)mihoda Wrote:
(November 7, 2016 at 7:20 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Why does anyone vote in anyway other than by mail?  Even if you didn't send it in the mail early you can always drop it off at your polling place without standing through some grueling line.  This year I used the early drop off box to turn it in.  I see no reason to trust the US Snailmail to process it without shredding or losing it.  

Many states don't allow it.

In my last state, Massachusetts, they forbid absentee voting for any reason other than being physically unable to get to the polls. And yes, it's a felony to do so and be able-bodied.

Why? Because fuck democracy, that's why. I waited 3 hrs in line to vote in 2012 in freezing temperatures at the largest, oldest public library in the country because these assholes can't be bothered to count.

Well thank you for the sacrifice and service it cost you to provide your participation.  It is very much appreciated.
(November 7, 2016 at 8:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:because these assholes can't be bothered to count.

Actually it is easier for the election commissions if they don't have to count everything at once.

Makes sense but I suspect he meant because they don't provide sufficient access to vote for everyone who needs it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Those Political Memes Foxaèr 825 58460 April 16, 2024 at 9:06 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 975 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Compulsory Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 132 9805 December 28, 2022 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Fireball
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1253 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 895 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  What's wrong with Woke Spongebob 40 2795 January 23, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 324 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Attack on voting Spongebob 103 6390 August 18, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  The electors are voting right now. Gawdzilla Sama 18 1062 December 15, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Help me out here. Barrett and voting case. Brian37 31 3429 October 30, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate