Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump in his first 100 days
Trump in his first 100 days
He has made many promises. These will be in the first 100 days. 

Making life easier for the middle classes with a 35% tax cut and reducing business tax rate.
Begin removing "criminal illlegal immigrants".
To "restore security and constitutional rule of law". 
Suspend "immigration from terror prone regions".
Cancel payment to the united nations climate change programs.

(He considers Climate change some that China made up.) Ignoring science is arrogant and sad. 

Now there are several anti-Trump demonstrations across the country.

Manowar
RE: Trump in his first 100 days
And let's not forget the repealing of the Affordable Care Act, leaving 21 to 25 million Americans without healthcare. The ACA was not perfect, and there were problems with the tax that came with it and the affordability for certain income brackets. But repealing it will put us in the wrong direction; if the ACA gets repealed next year then the hopes for one day instituting a single-payer system are virtually gone. If Hillary had won, I know the ACA would have stayed, and probably been improved upon.

But yeah, the environmental consequences of his presidency will be sad. He wants to put a climate change denier in charge of the EPA, as means of slowly degrading the EPA until he can just abolish it. Disgusting.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Surprised he didn't plan to invade Poland while he's at it.
What's Trumpcare going to look like? Is there a definite plan, or just reversing the ACA?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
[Image: protesters-participate-in-a-diin-for-lif...id51424151]
ACA not being 'perfect' is sugar coating it.

My premium last year was over $12,000, and that was an over 40% increase from the year before.

This year, my plan is canceled and I have to switch to another that has drastically higher copay/out of pocket/deductibles so even with my premium staying the same (for worse coverage), I need to set aside $8,000 to $10,000 if I want to use it.

So, what if my premium goes up 40% next year? That's $17,000. Year after that is over $23,000, then $33,000. And how much lucre do I need to set aside to actually be able to use it ??

When do I get to say 'uncle' on this ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 10, 2016 at 11:45 am)c172 Wrote: What's Trumpcare going to look like? Is there a definite plan, or just reversing the ACA?

As far as I've ever heard, he has no plan to replace it with anything else.  If he did, that's be a good thing, and no good things come from that orange lump.
He only plans to repeal it.  There is really nothing to stop him, either.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(November 10, 2016 at 12:08 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: ACA not being 'perfect' is sugar coating it.

My premium last year was over $12,000, and that was an over 40% increase from the year before.

This year, my plan is canceled and I have to switch to another that has drastically higher copay/out of pocket/deductibles so even with my premium staying the same (for worse coverage), I need to set aside $8,000 to $10,000 if I want to use it.

So, what if my premium goes up 40% next year?  That's $17,000.  Year after that is over $23,000, then $33,000.  And how much lucre do I need to set aside to actually be able to use it ??

When do I get to say 'uncle' on this ?
That's pretty steep, but I don't know your annual income, so I cannot compare.

Clinton had plans to reform it.  Now I guess poor people are back to just being SOL.
(November 10, 2016 at 11:44 am)Minimalist Wrote: Surprised he didn't plan to invade Poland while he's at it.

He can't find it on a map. Wouldn't be surprised if he missed his inauguration for not being able to find DC on a map either.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Oh yeah, and since he'll slash medicaid, I'm about to be paying for my medicare again. Because old and disabled people can afford hundreds of dollars for the shittiest health care plan in America that does not even cover things like pap smears. Hey 50 year old ladies, we don't care if you get cervical cancer!

Fortunately for me, that isn't likely to take effect until after my hubby graduates and gets a job, so hopefully we'll be able to pay for my $120 a month health care plan at that point. As it is, I cannot afford to see a doctor even with the premium paid. My costs for a 15 minute med check after medicare pays it's portion is $80. The cost to get a full check up is over $200, AFTER medicare pays. Great deal, eh? My husband and I haven't even had preventative checkups in years. I just a get my med check twice a year and try to cope.

Trump won't fix this. congress does not care. They'll just take away the little protection the poor have, which I guess will be some relief to the middle class.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 269 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 998 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1046 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  trump announces his bid for reelection! Drich 154 14026 July 18, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Looking forward to 3 days of hearings? Brian37 3 366 February 27, 2019 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36834 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Trump has blood on his hands WinterHold 60 4336 December 13, 2018 at 2:59 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Sh*thole craps on his intel again..... Brian37 2 554 August 3, 2018 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Banana Republicunt Thinks It Is His Personal Property Minimalist 17 2112 May 20, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump and his right-wing blowjob supporters. Jehanne 3 735 April 22, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Jehanne