Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I am a pixieist, what do you think of my proof that universe creating pixies exist?
I am a pixieist, what do you think of my proof that universe creating pixies exist?
1. Formulate the information of the concept of universe creating pixies, thus:
"Universe creating pixies in concept are first and foremost the creators and operators of the universe and man and everything with a beginning."

2. Look for instances of causation in reality outside of concepts in our mind.

3. We find countless examples of causation in reality outside of concepts in our mind.

4. From the countless instances of causation in reality, we infer to the existence of a first and ultimate cause.

5. We find that the first and ultimate cause of all instances of causation in reality corresponds to our information on the concept of universe creating pixies, namely, the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

6. Conclusion: universe creating pixies exists in concept as first and foremost the creators and operators of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

Ta Da!

This is fun.

What else can be logiced into existence?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
RE: I am a pixieist, what do you think of my proof that universe creating pixies exist?
LOL

Looks like you went to the Mariosep school of logical proofs.
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
RE: I am a pixieist, what do you think of my proof that universe creating pixies exist?
Good try but here's the thing, universe creating pixies is not the same as God creating the universe.

Questions arising from the argument.
  • Are pixies all powerful like God?
  • Are pixies all knowing like God?
  • Are pixies All Good like God?
  • Are pixies all perfect like God?
  • Are there any miracles related to pixies and if so are they demonic?
  • Do anyone worship pixies?
  • Is there an so called holy revelation of the pixies and does those revelations correspond to absolute truth and morals?
  • Are those revelations historically accurate?
  • Does worshipping pixies make you Good or Bad morally?
  • Are there any fulfilled prophecies concerning pixies, like in the Bible?
  • Are pixies powerful enough like God to create the universe?

This argument is an example of an incomplete understanding of Christian theology, missing as it does a major philosophical and historical aspect of Christian thought: the idea that there are positive reasons suggesting the existence of God.
(November 10, 2016 at 6:29 pm)Edward John Wrote: Good try but here's the thing, universe creating pixies is not the same as God creating the universe.

• Is there an so called holy revelation of the pixies and does those revelations correspond to absolute truth and morals?

This argument is an example of an incomplete understanding of Christian theology, missing as it does a major philosophical and historical aspect of Christian thought: the idea that there are positive reasons suggesting the existence of God.

Points 1-4 and 7-10 and off the mark, as it is not established that the comparison is an apt one (eg, the 'fulfilled prophecies' of the Bible are highly problematic, both textually and factually).

Points 5 and 6, however, can be answered with a resounding 'yes'. Belief in pixies persists even now in some areas of Cornwall - they are known to miraculously perform house and farm chores, and in return require gifts and thoughtful consideration from humans (worship).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 10, 2016 at 6:29 pm)Edward John Wrote: Good try but here's the thing, universe creating pixies is not the same as God creating the universe.

They don't have to be all powerful, all good, or all knowing.

In fact, they are more happy not being those things. They don't like the logically contradictory state they create.

They only have to be powerful enough to create the universe. And since we see that the universe does exist, that proves they were responsible.

They do have one really big advantage over the Christian god however. They actually exist. My proof was successful in proving they exist.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(November 10, 2016 at 6:07 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: 1. Formulate the information of the concept of universe creating pixies, thus:
"Universe creating pixies in concept are first and foremost the creators and operators of the universe and man and everything with a beginning."

2. Look for instances of causation in reality outside of concepts in our mind.

3. We find countless examples of causation in reality outside of concepts in our mind.

4. From the countless instances of causation in reality, we infer to the existence of a first and ultimate cause.

5. We find that the first and ultimate cause of all instances of causation in reality corresponds to our information on the concept of universe creating pixies, namely, the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

6. Conclusion: universe creating pixies exists in concept as first and foremost the creators and operators of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

Ta Da!

This is fun.

What else can be logiced into existence?

Hmmm I have to say that I am not yet convinced by your argument.

I suggest that you post it repeatedly for 72 pages while ignoring everything that anybody says to you.

That may convince me.

You are presupposing that God, a Christian god at that, exists.

He doesn't. Your argument is completely irrelevant to the OP.
Fucking Heretics! Everyone knows Universe Creating Pixies uncreated themselves afterwards, leaving no evidence of their existence.
(November 10, 2016 at 7:34 pm)Divinity Wrote: Fucking Heretics!  Everyone knows Universe Creating Pixies uncreated themselves afterwards, leaving no evidence of their existence.

BRILLIANT!! Based on that argument - and with your permission - I would like to create TCOTUCP (The Church Of The Universe Creating Pixies). We can spread the truth of our doctrine by having no doctrine.

We'll be turning converts away in droves.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Screw your pixies. I am the Goddess of Creation. I would never make pixies.

Prove me wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5011 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 2996 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1003 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 980 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3385 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 1960 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Applicability of Maths to the Universe GrandizerII 72 6848 June 17, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5753 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 6965 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7317 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG