Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 6:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Leonard Cohen, dead at 82
Leonard Cohen, dead at 82
One of the all-time greats has left us.. He was 82. Canada and the world mourn his loss.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
RE: Leonard Cohen, dead at 82
The great north has lost one of it's greatest sons 

But his bards will endure the test of time
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Anthem
by Leonard Cohen

The birds they sang at the break of day Start again I heard them say Don't dwell on what has passed away or what is yet to be. Ah the wars they will be fought again The holy dove She will be caught again bought and sold and bought again the dove is never free. Ring the bells that still can ring Forget your perfect offering There is a crack in everything That's how the light gets in. We asked for signs the signs were sent: the birth betrayed the marriage spent Yeah the widowhood of every government -- signs for all to see. I can't run no more with that lawless crowd while the killers in high places say their prayers out loud. But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud and they're going to hear from me. Ring the bells that still can ring . . . You can add up the parts but you won't have the sum You can strike up the march, there is no drum Every heart, every heart to love will come but like a refugee. Ring the bells that still can ring Forget your perfect offering There is a crack, a crack in everything That's how the light gets in. Ring the bells that still can ring Forget your perfect offering There is a crack, a crack in everything That's how the light gets in. That's how the light gets in. That's how the light gets in.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Another great one gone.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Oh no... Sad
Well, that just sucks, bites and blows.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I remember an interview he did with Terry Gross. She asked how he attained his distinctive deep voice and he said 500 tons of whiskey and a million cigarettes.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Baruch Dayan Emet, Leonard. Somehow 82 years and 14 albums doesn't feel like enough.

And now to play songs from three movies that got me into him in the first place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuuCezrAUKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n9Q8bsONw4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iYxrsd59-E
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Not many great poets and songwriters left. I'm going to miss him.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(November 11, 2016 at 11:16 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Not many great poets and songwriters left. I'm going to miss him.

Numbers are dwindling.  We've still got Tom Waits and Nick Cave and John Darnielle.  But we need a new generation of singer-warrior-poets!  I didn't get into Cohen until the last year or so but damn was he amazing.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.