Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a question to farmers
a question to farmers
Hello,

I know there are rednecks and probably other farmers, too.

Please explain this to me...

37Then Jacob took fresh rods of poplar and almond and plane trees, and peeled white stripes in them, exposing the white which was in the rods. 38He set the rods which he had peeled in front of the flocks in the gutters, even in the watering troughs, where the flocks came to drink; and they mated when they came to drink. [b]39So the flocks mated by the rods, and the flocks brought forth striped, speckled, and spotted.[/b] 40Jacob separated the lambs, and made the flocks face toward the striped and all the black in the flock of Laban; and he put his own herds apart, and did not put them with Laban’s flock. 41Moreover, whenever the stronger of the flock were mating, Jacob would place the rods in the sight of the flock in the gutters, so that they might mate by the rods; 42but when the flock was feeble, he did not put them in; so the feebler were Laban’s and the stronger Jacob’s. 43So the man became exceedingly prosperous, and had large flocks and female and male servants and camels and donkeys.
RE: a question to farmers
That was written before refrigeration was invented, so I'd say the writer had eaten some moldy potato salad that had been out too long.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 13, 2016 at 9:50 am)vorlon13 Wrote: That was written before refrigeration was invented, so I'd say the writer had eaten some moldy potato salad that had been out too long.

Probably not potato, unless he was an American native.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
It's a MIRACLE !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Who needs science textbooks when we have the God's Word? In your face, Mendel!

Next up: Why pi=3 is close enough. In your faces, stupid mathematicians and engineers!
(November 13, 2016 at 9:34 am)mcolafson Wrote: Hello,

37Then Jacob took fresh rods of poplar and almond and plane trees, and peeled white stripes in them, exposing the white which was in the rods. 38He set the rods which he had peeled in front of the flocks in the gutters, even in the watering troughs, where the flocks came to drink; and they mated when they came to drink. [b]39So the flocks mated by the rods, and the flocks brought forth striped, speckled, and spotted.[/b] 40Jacob separated the lambs, and made the flocks face toward the striped and all the black in the flock of Laban; and he put his own herds apart, and did not put them with Laban’s flock. 41Moreover, whenever the stronger of the flock were mating, Jacob would place the rods in the sight of the flock in the gutters, so that they might mate by the rods; 42but when the flock was feeble, he did not put them in; so the feebler were Laban’s and the stronger Jacob’s. 43So the man became exceedingly prosperous, and had large flocks and female and male servants and camels and donkeys.

That's just bible writers confusing selective breeding (or as I like to call it unnatural selection) for magic. That must mean that they never were involved in any kind of animal farming, so I must take back and apologise for characterising them as goat fuckers. Sorry idiots.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(November 15, 2016 at 9:08 am)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(November 13, 2016 at 9:34 am)mcolafson Wrote: Hello,

That's just bible writers confusing selective breeding (or as I like to call it unnatural selection) for magic. That must mean that they never were involved in any kind of animal farming, so I must take back and apologise for characterising them as goat fuckers. Sorry idiots.
Bronze Age intellectuals?
(November 18, 2016 at 6:33 am)mcolafson Wrote:
(November 15, 2016 at 9:08 am)Tazzycorn Wrote: That's just bible writers confusing selective breeding (or as I like to call it unnatural selection) for magic. That must mean that they never were involved in any kind of animal farming, so I must take back and apologise for characterising them as goat fuckers. Sorry idiots.
Bronze Age intellectuals?

No just a case of lucking into the correct technique but attributing it to a non-cause, the stick. Selective breeding is as old as agriculture and quite a few cultures hit upon it (some even realising it was the breeding wot did it).
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home