Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salutations
Salutations
Hey there, 

I guess here is where I do my official greetings as a new member to the forum. 

I've been identifying with the label atheist for a few years. I actually didn't hear the term atheist used or discussed until college. Since college, I've been binge-listening to atheist podcasts and even joined the secular student association on campus. Before then, I went to a catholic school middle school and high school where the teacher's motto was "if your not religious we don't wanna talk about. That and there was no general discussion about beliefs, only repetitively studying certain parts of the bible. 

I'll leave my detailed backstory/conversion story in the converts corner later. 

I mainly came here to discuss beliefs or lack thereof with like minded people. I'm also here because of my sister. She is a practicing baptist and has recently been getting more serious with her religious practices after joining a religious organization at a college where she attends bible study at least twice a week. Since we live in the same house we talk a lot. She frequently brings up her religious views and uses weak apologetics to prove or disprove a point. I'll post those detailed stories in ask a... about the argumentative approach being taken. (Or another subforum here if it seems more appropriate elsewhere.)

I'm glad to find and be part of this community.
RE: Salutations
Welcome.
Hey, welcome Smile

So... you can be an atheist with either hand? No wait, that's amphibious...

I hope you can find what you're looking for here! Dismantling apologetics is one of our specialties.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome, sir Salute

I think you'd be searching for either the atheism,  religion or off topic subforums to ask us for advice with your situation. 

Welcome here and I hope you have a good time.
(November 14, 2016 at 3:51 am)robvalue Wrote: Hey, welcome Smile

I hope you can find what you're looking for here! Dismantling apologetics is one of our specialties.

Ambidextrous ? 

Emphasis added.
Welcome! and I have only 3 words for you just 3.

SAVE. YOUR. SOUL!
(November 14, 2016 at 3:51 am)robvalue Wrote: Hey, welcome Smile

Ah yes! Shit you're right! It must mean he's an atheist fish.

@ the OP

What's it like being a fish? Is it slippery?

Anyways lol, Welcome
Welcome.

Ignore the guy with text issues.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 14, 2016 at 8:54 am)Edward John Wrote: Welcome! and I have only 3 words for you just 3.

SAVE. YOUR. SOUL!

That's fourteen words, sir. Or twelve, depending on how literal you're being.

Your counting skills are even worse than your debate skills.

Anyway...

Welcome! You're in good company here, my friend.
“Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher.

It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love.

Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.” - Robert. G. Ingersoll

Welcome.

Offer sis an asp and a glass of strychnine next time she's annoying.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salutations Sodomites! Mr C_L 83 13264 December 23, 2016 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Greetings & Salutations Hitchslap 14 2822 June 24, 2016 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Hitchslap
  Greetings & Salutations Trew2Life 10 2171 May 31, 2015 at 4:33 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Salutations JWiltin 4 1284 January 12, 2014 at 12:23 am
Last Post: JWiltin
  Greetings and salutations Logisch 20 3113 December 23, 2013 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Napoléon