Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Atheist News
Video 
Atheist News
Hello all, it's been great joining this past month, and I'm very thankful for everyone welcoming me. The discussion here has been thoughtful and rational, and I'm glad to have found you!

Like I said in my introduction thread:

http://atheistforums.org/thread-45710.html

I didn't join for the most altruistic reasons: I googled how to get the word out about my youtube channel, and it recommended finding a forum to share it in. But it wound up being a win for another reason, because I really like the community here, and even though I'm past the 30/30 rule, I have no plans to go anywhere Big Grin

Thank you again, and I want to share my personal project with you great folks. I'm very passionate about it, I've released new videos every week for months now.

This is my latest news video. I have done this every week, as well as a supplemental video series on Famous Atheists. I have done one Science vs. Religion video (Scopes Monkey Trial) and I'm working on more. I also plan on doing other types of videos such as historical moments in Atheism, A "Take On Religion" series that examines religion in popular fiction (movies, tv, books). and "Great Debate" series that examines popular arguments for and against Atheism and religion.

My channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfXfbjz...-WFjF-hnOg

Please let me know what you think if you have the time, subscribe if you want (I really want to make it to 100 for the cutom URL). I only want the show to get better as time goes on!
Subscribe to Atheist News! Also, check out my latest video- Mass Effect Takes On Religion

https://www.youtube.com/c/AtheistNews
RE: Atheist News
You really were waiting for that 30/30 countdown, huh.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Well atheism is false and evolution is false. So basically you don't prove your point.

Quote:Mariosep Wrote:
This is my proof for God existing.

1. Formulate the information of the concept of God, thus:
"God in concept is first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning."

2. Look for instances of causation in reality outside of concepts in our mind.

3. We find countless examples of causation in reality outside of concepts in our mind.

4. From the countless instances of causation in reality, we infer to the existence of a first and ultimate cause.

5. We find that the first and ultimate cause of all instances of causation in reality corresponds to our information on the concept of God, namely, the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

6. Conclusion: God exists in concept as first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.
(November 14, 2016 at 8:27 am)Alex K Wrote: You really were waiting for that 30/30 countdown, huh.

I actually lost track, but when I first joined up I put a reminder alert on my phone. When I saw it this morning I double checked my post count, and was faced with "Do I want to delay it, so that it doesn't seem like it's the only reason I'm here?" (It's not). But I felt like that would be disingenuous too, because I didn't keep my original reason for joining up a secret either.
Subscribe to Atheist News! Also, check out my latest video- Mass Effect Takes On Religion

We appreciate due diligence in observing all safety precau . . er, rules here.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You have a interesting perspective on the events you have covered. I do like the honesty and stright to the point style you utilize in your coverage. Now a few things to criticize. The use the stereotypical news music is a bit annoying, and your graphics timing is a bit off. As much as I hate opinionated pieces, on certain subjects a guest or from other like minded people on the subject would boost your views.

Other then that your doing good work, keep it up.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

Thank you for the feedback!

I just posted a different type of video: A Science vs. Religion piece on Gender (In)Equality. It's wild how bad women have it in some religions, and how the vast majority of them have some pretty demeaning shit they pull.

(November 14, 2016 at 8:27 am)Edward John Wrote: Well atheism is false and evolution is false. So basically you don't prove your point.

Direct contradiction of the Pope?
What sort of a "Catholic" was this poe?
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.