Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:48 am

Poll: How important is it to you to convert theists to atheism?
This poll is closed.
Losing my religion was huge for me. I want to give back.
4.84%
3 4.84%
Let's drag these backward motherfuckers into the present for the good of the species.
8.06%
5 8.06%
I just really like telling people to blow Jesus out their ass.
4.84%
3 4.84%
If someone wants to talk about it, I'm happy to tell them why I'm an atheist. Otherwise, got things to do.
24.19%
15 24.19%
It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, provided they aren't pushy about selling it or making it the law.
33.87%
21 33.87%
Really just curious to know how they think about it and why. It isn't my business to change them.
9.68%
6 9.68%
Hell, if I could still believe in God I would, so don't spoil it for them. (Same deal as with Santa except forever).
0%
0 0%
No, I want them to believe. Might be the only thing keeping them from becoming murderers and rapists.
0%
0 0%
None of the above, I'll rip you a new one in my comments.
14.52%
9 14.52%
Total 62 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How important is it to you to convert theists to atheism?
How important is it to you to convert theists to atheism?
Sometimes I get the feeling that some of us still like fishing for men, only now we're looking to win them over to this side.  Lots of reasons for that of course.  Others of us don't believe but don't care what others choose .. with some provisos of course.  If you don't see one that fits, be sure to tell me how you feel about that below.  Tell us in your own words if you like.  (Gosh, this just never gets old, does it?)

Of course there will be a poll.  Of course there will be too many choices.  By all means, choose all that apply.  But lets make it public because otherwise I'll wish I had.

May as well start by deciding on the choices:

1 - Losing my religion was huge for me.  I want to give back.

2 - Let's drag these backward motherfuckers into the present for the good of the species.

3 - I just really like telling people to blow Jesus out their ass.  

4 - If someone wants to talk about it, I'm happy to tell them why I'm an atheist.  Otherwise, got things to do.

5 - It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, provided they aren't pushy about selling it or making it the law.

6 - Really just curious to know how they think about it and why.  It isn't my business to change them.

7 - Hell, if I could still believe in God I would, so don't spoil it for them.  (Same deal as with Santa except forever).

8 - No, I want them to believe.  Might be the only thing keeping them from becoming murderers and rapists.

9 - None of the above, I'll rip you a new one in my comments.
RE: How important is it to you to convert theists to atheism?
not as important as eating fresh Christian baby meat
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I don't vote.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
That's why we can't have nice things and have to settle for Trump.
#3.    

Angel
I'm not in the business of converting anyone.
4,5,6 for me. I live in Australia, and religion isn't really a major "oppressive" thing like from what I've heard about the Bible belt in the U.S. or w/e. We're very multicultural - I had a guy knock on my door once who was selling the Buddhist holy book (the name is on the tip of my tongue) for a gold coin donation ($1 or $2 coin). Everyone is very much free to express their views without any repercussion, provided they are simply sharing their views and not aggressively shoving it down people's throats. As for myself, I've always had a hard time explaining to the religious in person the cold hard facts for why I'm an atheist, because I feel the reasons will inherently challenge their beliefs (it's either A or ~A, right?), and it's not my place to mess with their belief system. However, I do like having discussions in person that are about exploring both our views in a way that is informative and not so much about debating.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(November 15, 2016 at 9:28 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: not as important as eating fresh Christian baby meat

Insert babies for mousies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LweTcDegxek
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Convert. lol Really, I don't have the time for nor want to waste the time I do have in that sort of endeavor.
I love Kliban !!

Hardw
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian missionary becomes atheist after trying to convert tribe EgoDeath 40 4714 November 19, 2019 at 2:07 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Is being an atheist important to you? EgoDeath 63 6662 February 27, 2019 at 7:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  To theists- A logical insight into Atheism ignoramus 65 11570 May 16, 2018 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Why atheism is important, and why religion is dangerous causal code 20 8463 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 26879 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Help to de-convert! JojoP 56 4449 August 10, 2016 at 1:39 am
Last Post: robvalue
  How can someone convert from Atheist to Religious Heat 65 9486 November 26, 2015 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  That's pretty important isn’t it because if awaralarki 8 3194 August 8, 2015 at 8:07 am
Last Post: c172
  Ex theists: what did you believe? robvalue 46 9950 April 26, 2015 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12381 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott