Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blocking ex staff members
blocking ex staff members
Ok, so as I've expressed many times here before, I am not in the business of blocking people. 

However, there is one member here who drives me absolutely crazy like none other. I won't get into why or how because that is irrelevant. 

Anyway, I would like to break my own rule and block them. Unfortunately this person is ex staff and so it's not allowing me to block them. Can that perhaps be changed? Or as ex staff do these people have a specific right to not be blocked?  

I'm not sure if this is something that has been over looked, or if it's like that purposely for a reason. Figured I'd ask. 

Thanks!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: blocking ex staff members
As far as I'm aware there are no rules against blocking ex staffers, only active staff.

Alternatively, for a gratuity, I can arrange to have them...

...removed...
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 16, 2016 at 4:47 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: As far as I'm aware there are no rules against blocking ex staffers, only active staff.

Alternatively, for a gratuity, I can arrange to have them...

...removed...

Well I tried doing it and the system is not letting me. I'll PM you.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Ok... Its not me right?

That would be a job for the admins CL. Can't help you there.
Hai!  LOL.  

They need to fix that shit.  I actually left staff, in part, so you could block me. You're welcome.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
We still cool CL? I hope I didn't say anything that bothered you. You'd tell me if I offended you right? I'm probably being paranoid.
Stopped being paranoid Ham.  We love you more than lunch.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 16, 2016 at 5:11 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: We still cool CL? I hope I didn't say anything that bothered you. You'd tell me if I offended you right? I'm probably being paranoid.

Not you love.  Heart

-walsh
No one can block me. I am...unblockable.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
As am I, lol.  Removing my responses on an internet forum won't do anything for the person who does it.  Sure, I might make people confront uncomfortable realities.....but getting rid of me won't make them any less uncomfortable, or any less of a reality.  I'm not an innovator, not an original thinker, not one of a kind.  I wish anyone who blocks me good luck in building their unintimadating little worlds.  There are more of me, I am legion (lol).....no one will ever rid themselves of things I say.

*This has been a PSA from your friendly neighborhood lowest common denominator.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2448 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 654866 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4793 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Happy Birthday to Banned Members? Jehanne 5 1208 May 20, 2020 at 6:53 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4123 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Make the "civil" discussion part of the forum invisible to non members GUBU 54 8096 November 18, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5620 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172
  Staff Appreciation Thread Shell B 41 7875 December 4, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Members referred? Catholic_Lady 10 1834 April 6, 2016 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Blocking Catholic_Lady 84 10509 January 11, 2016 at 5:49 am
Last Post: Foxaèr