Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question regarding aerodynamics and weight-to-lift rations.
A question regarding aerodynamics and weight-to-lift rations.
[Image: 091e127b77ee65a3933898ba1d8a8eff.jpg]
RE: A question regarding aerodynamics and weight-to-lift rations.
Good question...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(November 19, 2016 at 9:57 am)Alex K Wrote: Good question...

I suspect the hat was bolted on.  Tongue
Sister Bertrille's head piece would have worked fine underwater.

As for the TV show, as I recall, it was 'explained' her abilities were a miracle or gift from God. Note, she had no propulsive system and minimal steering, she was entirely relying on the wind to get where she was going in a timely fashion. I don't recall she had the ability to 'just go for a ride', she invariably wound up somewhere where she was needed by others, so the flight capabilities were used by God to carry out His agenda.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 19, 2016 at 10:28 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Sister Bertrille's head piece would have worked fine underwater.

As for the TV show, as I recall, it was 'explained' her abilities were a miracle or gift from God.   Note, she had no propulsive system and minimal steering, she was entirely relying on the wind to get where she was going in a timely fashion.  I don't recall she had the ability to 'just go for a ride', she invariably wound up somewhere where she was needed by others, so the flight capabilities were used by God to carry out His agenda.
That sound ... Oh, it's just the Wright brothers weeping.
yep.

they should have gone down to their local synagogue and sacrificed a goat. Might have been a whole lot faster than all the scientifical stuff they had to do.

The Wright brothers even had to build a wind tunnel and test different wing and propeller shapes, God not having seen fit to directly infuse them with the appropriate dimensions in a dream or something.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regarding the COVID 19 vaccines Macoleco 17 1960 March 22, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Greta gives us advice regarding covid 19 Agnostico 29 3433 May 19, 2020 at 3:59 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Mars science laboratory Curiosity set for lift off popeyespappy 7 3285 November 28, 2011 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious