Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's official, the election was stolen
It's official, the election was stolen
Read this and weep America, because you all are just allowing fascism to grow unchecked in your midst and destroy your freedoms. First they stole your right to vote, next they'll steal your right to speak.

http://www.gregpalast.com/ethnic-votes-s...more-12932
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
RE: It's official, the election was stolen
Bullshit.
I hate the fact of Trump becoming US president as much as the next guy, but I find these arguments along the lines of - the election was stolen because African Americans were prevented from voting because you needed an ID - I find those unconvincing and patronizing. Do I understand this correctly, African Americans need special help to fulfil voting criteria because they are somehow unable to do paperwork? I'll gladly be educated why I am being unfair, but to me the entire article reeks of bs. The language alone "There aren't enough white guys to elect Trump! Therefore it was stolen!", that just sounds pathetic, patronizing and undemocratic. Dems didn't go vote in droves because Hillary was a shit candidate, but the fact that you needed ID to vote is to blame?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

This election wasn't stolen. It fell out of the back of a truck...
(Can't remember who said that and about which election, but it fits)
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(November 20, 2016 at 8:07 am)Alex K Wrote: I hate the fact of Trump becoming US president as much as the next guy, but I find these arguments along the lines of - the election was stolen because African Americans were prevented from voting because you needed an ID - I find those unconvincing and patronizing. Do I understand this correctly, African Americans need special help to fulfil voting criteria because they are somehow unable to do paperwork? I'll gladly be educated why I am being unfair, but to me the entire article reeks of bs. The language alone "There aren't enough white guys to elect Trump! Therefore it was stolen!", that just sounds pathetic, patronizing and undemocratic. Dems didn't go vote in droves because Hillary was a shit candidate, but the fact that you needed ID to vote is to blame?

No, voting criteria were changed in order for it to make it harder for minorities and other groups who overwhemingly favour Democrat voters to avail of their legal right to vote. Did you not notice the bit about Crosscheck which is used by republitraitor state governments to "ferret" out double registered voters. A system which will cause all people called "Mohammed Mohammed", or "James Brown" to be considered the same person and a double registered voter without performing any other check available to such systems such as checking SSI numbers, birth dates, middle names or anything else you could think over, and which has shown to overwhelmingly scrub minorities from the list.

Alex this is voter disenfranchisement, plain and simple, and only one tiny step from having brown shirts standing at every polling booth looking at who you're voting for.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I can vouch for this. Somewhat.

Before 2012, whenever I went to go vote, I was able to be in and out of there in maybe 30 minutes. That isn't too bad, right?

Thing is, it was after 2008 that I started to hear whispers about voter disenfranchisement and rumors that attempts were being made to make it more difficult for minorities to vote. It was also when the Republicans started raising a stink over voter fraud and trying to pass voter ID laws. Well, in 2012, I voted early and still had to stand in line for almost an hour. This year, when I voted early, I waited in line for about 3 hours. There are fewer places to vote, which results in lines being longer at the place we DO have. And I can certainly see how this could be prohibitively time consuming for people who have busier lives than me. I mean, I had to eat half my day off doing this, but if you work multiple jobs or if you have children to deal with, you're out of luck. And this is in a state that's already solidly in the red territory. I have to wonder, if this kinds of time disenfranchisement was part of the plan, how much worse do you think it was in battleground states? How long do you think the lines were in Ohio or Pennsylvania or Florida?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(November 20, 2016 at 8:07 am)Alex K Wrote: Do I understand this correctly, African Americans need special help to fulfil voting criteria because they are somehow unable to do paperwork?

While I don't fully subscribe to the alarmism, there's more to it. On the one hand it's not as easy to get a day off to file all the necessary paperwork for these people as it is for white collor workers. That goes for poor people in general, not only blacks. On the other hand losing a days wages for filing paperwork might also be an issue if you hardly earn enough to scrape by. Also you have to keep in mind that worker protection isn't what it is in Europe. If you don't play ball, your boss can more or less fire you on a whim. At least in menial jobs that don't have elaborate contracts.

I remember an instance 12 years ago, where the boss of a certain business forced his workers to attend a Bush speech, when he was up for reelection. Far as I recall the incident, it was you go there, you won't get paiid for the day, but if you don't attend, you're fired.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I love it, atheist who doesn't believe in God due to the paucity of evidence immediately accepts election conspiracy without evidence.

If this is so widespread, where are the names of all those that were actually denied voting privileges? Seems to me with the vitriolic reaction to the results, disenfranchised people would be shouting from the rooftops and be easily identified; it's just not happening.
How many millions of democrats that voted in 2012 did not show up in 2016?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

That was just one big sales pitch to get me to buy Greg Palast's book, wasn't it?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 965 38245 Yesterday at 5:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Official "Damned Trump" Thread Foxaèr 4318 311973 December 8, 2022 at 5:45 am
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 24756 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 4435 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 749 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 4945 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1433 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1028 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Good News from yesterday's election. Brian37 14 1958 November 9, 2018 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Stolen property, Nixon vs Russia Brian37 1 312 August 5, 2018 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Minimalist