Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tofu, peeled banana, banana, cucumber . . .
Tofu, peeled banana, banana, cucumber . . .
Watched several episodes yesterday, but not all of them, so be cautious about spoilers.

The bright colors and rapid editing of the episodes makes for a compelling watch.  The British accents (or my American ears) make catching all the dialogue a bit of a task.  Also, was watching with friends and it was on-line so the REW and FF controls were wonky, so difficult to back up and figure out what happened.

I did see the ep with the murder.

Odd in a way it was telegraphed so clearly before it happened, and the ID of the victim and the killer was never in doubt.  Still when it happened it was quite a jolt.

LOL, my tastes in younger guys, such as they are, are grotesquely out of step with current reality, apparently.  I found not a single young person on the show to be even a molecule attractive.  I don't think it is an antiBritish thing with me, there are hot men in the show (the finder app guy after the rain storm and the killer too) it's just none of them are young.

Another problem with the younger guys, they all look and sound alike, so it is really difficult keeping track of who's who.  While there are plenty of black characters, I found myself wishing for more, they were easier to keep track of, and it helps understand the complex plotting to know who the hell your looking at while trying to decipher what they are saying.

The internet business idea, BTW, I'm having trouble believing is commercially viable, let alone lucrative.

Apparently there will ever only be the 8 episodes.  I have watched somewhat more than 4 of them, out of order, and I haven't watched the first or last episodes at all yet.

Maybe the show will make more sense after I've absorbed them all?

[Image: cucumber-160x210.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Tofu, peeled banana, banana, cucumber . . .
Quote:The British accents

We've got hundreds of different accents over here.

Be a little more specific.

Tongue
RE: Tofu, peeled banana, banana, cucumber . . .
and I did admit it could be my American ears

and the slang terms, regardless of accent, even if I hear the word clearly, if it's new to me, erf.

As for the specific dialect, the show is about gays in the Manchester area. I'd be clueless if the accents are true to the region portrayed.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it.