Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theist ➤ Why ☠ Evolution is not Scientific ✔
Theist ➤ Why ☠ Evolution is not Scientific ✔
Folks I am not falling for evolution, I just don’t take it seriously.  If an idea is not testable, repeatable, observable, and falsifiable, it is not considered scientific, evolution is not science but a philosophical assumption a belief just like creationism.

Evolution is not
·        Testable
·        Repeatable
·        Observable
·        Falsifiable
Therefore evolution is not scientific

Neither creation nor evolution is directly observable, testable, repeatable, or falsifiable. Each is based on certain philosophical assumptions about how the earth began. Naturalistic evolution assumes that there was no God, and biblical creation assumes that there was a God who created everything in the universe. Starting from two opposite presuppositions and looking at the same evidence, the explanations of the history of the universe are very different. The argument is not over the evidence “the evidence is the same” it is over the way the evidence should be interpreted.

If the evolution story is true, who am I?
Well, if evolution is true, we are nothing important that is for sure. Actually, you are just a bit of protoplasm that washed up on the beach. As a matter of fact, you are part of the problem because you are one of the polluters of the environment and the more of you we can get rid of, the better. Right?

On the hand, The Holy Bible says children of God(and 2 Corinthians 5:17, “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!) or children of wrath and the devil.
Where did I come from?
Well, if evolution is true, you came from a cosmic burp about 20 billion years ago.

On the hand, The Holy Bible says God created us.
Why am I here? What is the purpose of life?
Well, if evolution is true, there is no purpose to life so you might as well have fun; if it feels good, do it. Get all the gusto you can get, you only go around once in life, you know?

On the hand, The Holy Bible says we are here to have a relationship with God.
Where am I going when I die?
Well, if evolution is true, you are just going to the grave and you are going to get recycled into a worm or a plant.

On the hand, The Holy Bible says Heaven or Hell we have a destination after death.

Naturalism: a belief denying that an event or object has a supernatural significance; specifically, the doctrine that scientific laws are adequate to account for all phenomena.

Materialism: a belief claiming that physical matter is the only or fundamental reality and that all organisms, processes, and phenomena can be explained as manifestations or interactions of matter. 

Both contain bias.

But of coarse there is more to it than just this on why evolution is a lie.
RE: Theist ➤ Why ☠ Evolution is not Scientific ✔
You're an idiot. The OP is enduring testimony to that fact.
(November 21, 2016 at 6:37 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: You're an idiot. The OP is enduring testimony to that fact.

It depends on what you mean by "idiot".
(November 21, 2016 at 6:45 pm)The Joker Wrote:
(November 21, 2016 at 6:37 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: You're an idiot. The OP is enduring testimony to that fact.

It depends on what you mean by "idiot".

He means the meaning that is synonymous with 'cretin'.
(November 21, 2016 at 6:33 pm)The Joker Wrote: Well, if evolution is true, we are nothing important that is for sure.

And here we get to the crux of the issue. Somebody can't handle the fact that he's not special.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 21, 2016 at 6:49 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(November 21, 2016 at 6:33 pm)The Joker Wrote: Well, if evolution is true, we are nothing important that is for sure.

And here we get to the crux of the issue.  Somebody can't handle the fact that he's not special.

You are right, I just can't stand it.
Yep.  These fucktards can't believe the whole world doesn't revolve around them.

Here, asshole.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary...faq.php#e1

Quote:
  • MISCONCEPTION: Evolution is not science because it is not observable or testable.
    CORRECTION: This misconception encompasses two incorrect ideas: (1) that all science depends on controlled laboratory experiments, and (2) that evolution cannot be studied with such experiments. First, many scientific investigations do not involve experiments or direct observation. Astronomers cannot hold stars in their hands and geologists cannot go back in time, but both scientists can learn a great deal about the universe through observation and comparison. In the same way, evolutionary biologists can test their ideas about the history of life on Earth by making observations in the real world. Second, though we can't run an experiment that will tell us how the dinosaur lineage radiated, we can study many aspects of evolution with controlled experiments in a laboratory setting. In organisms with short generation times (e.g., bacteria or fruit flies), we can actually observe evolution in action over the course of an experiment. And in some cases, biologists have observed evolution occurring in the wild. To learn more about rapid evolution in the wild, visit our news story on climate change, our news story on the evolution of PCB-resistant fish, or our research profile on the evolution fish size in response to our fishing practices. To learn more about the nature of science, visit the Understanding Science website.

I was looking for something simpler for you but the pictures had already been colored in.
(November 21, 2016 at 6:52 pm)The Joker Wrote:
(November 21, 2016 at 6:49 pm)Faith No More Wrote: And here we get to the crux of the issue.  Somebody can't handle the fact that he's not special.

You are right, I just can't stand it.

And not a single fuck was given that day.
(November 21, 2016 at 6:47 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(November 21, 2016 at 6:45 pm)The Joker Wrote: It depends on what you mean by "idiot".

He means the meaning that is synonymous with 'cretin'.

Or 'Joker'.
OP: Step away from the Ken Ham bullshit.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine Tuning Principle: Devastating Disproof and Scientific Refutation of Atheism. Nishant Xavier 97 6326 September 20, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why did Communists promote Evolution? Nishant Xavier 318 15411 September 7, 2023 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 4674 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 436 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 1942 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 1931 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 11813 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 146121 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Why was Newton a theist? Alexmahone 65 12565 March 24, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1096 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89