Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you attack the Church if you could?
Would you attack the Church if you could?
By attacking I mean violently and/or economically speaking. Would you do it if you had the power? Such a the Nazis did?

I think the Church cant reedem itself after all the damage it has done to humanity. Torturing and murder would not be enough to make them paid for what they have done. But if you had the power to command an army to attack the Church/Vatican would you do it? Would you like to see their blood spilled on the floor? Or would you brutally tax them?

The violent part within me would do this: Murder every cardinal of the Vatican, including the Pope. Destroy every church and crucify its priest upside down. Then, build a momument of shame with the name of every priest who has worked in that church. 

What about you? Let the rage flow through your veins.
RE: Would you attack the Church if you could?
No I can't say that I would. I've faced some rather forceful persecution especially in the 90's because I didn't share the beliefs of others around me. What you propose sounds just like that though. Have individuals within the church done terrible things of course. But to apply judgement to all of that belief whether they have any individual guilt or not seems a bit extreme. I just want people to believe whatever they want without penalty or judgement as long as that belief isn't used as justification to harm another.
Even if I wanted to commit such barbarism - which thankfully I don't - I'd think of all those who have aggressively attacked and attempted to destroy organised religion in the past. I would rather not put myself in their company.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
[Image: FqobtB7.jpg]

I have had such thought cycles.

I had then considered, that if I were caught, I would then express that God (of theistic descent) instructed me to do so...
(November 27, 2016 at 2:47 am)ProgrammingGodJordan Wrote: [Image: FqobtB7.jpg]

I have had such thought cycles.

I had then considered, that if I were caught, I would then express that God (of theistic descent) instructed me to do so...

I think some people would believe you. Just call yourself a prophet.
I have a centuries-old grievance against the Church, but I personally refuse to lift a finger against them, either to spill blood (thereby creating a whole new flock of martyrs ripe for the sainting) or to play silly buggers with money (utter waste of time, IMO).

I would much prefer a Shakespearean-type tragedy wherein the Church is destroyed from within by its own flaws and by its own members.
No, not at all.

Uh, no.
Nope. Not a criminal.
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
No.

I would stop their tax exempt status and any other unfair favouritism, but that's all.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could God be impotent? Fake Messiah 7 1084 February 25, 2023 at 10:18 am
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 8900 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The little church that could. Chad32 21 4081 May 25, 2018 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 801 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Could Hell exist? Europa! 20 4572 September 16, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Could Ireland be restored? EringoBragh 28 4223 August 25, 2016 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If I could change one thing about religion... robvalue 26 6331 January 9, 2016 at 5:47 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Theists Could Learn Much From Booker Minimalist 1 1593 August 13, 2015 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Could this be the worst argument for a deity yet? ReptilianPeon 15 5149 July 4, 2015 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Would this be all we need to prove God exists? Or would it require more than this? IanHulett 30 5641 January 21, 2015 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: watchamadoodle