Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping his enemies closer
Keeping his enemies closer
I don't think I've ever seen a more apt application of the old "keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer" adage than Trump wooing Romney.  Is Mitt that desperate?  Does Trump have a tape of Romney grabbing the 47% by the pussy?  This is a guy who staged a press conference out of nowhere to bash and belittle Trump up one side and down the other.  Trump's response to that was to claim that Romney would've "dropped to his knees" for a buck in 2012.  I guess now we know whose version was closer to the truth! Big Grin

Quote:And Romney addressed reporters in the lobby about the dinner, where he said he had a "wonderful evening" with Trump.

"We had another discussion about affairs throughout the world and these discussions I have had with him have been enlightening and interesting and engaging. I have enjoyed them very, very much," he said.

He added: "By the way, it's not easy winning. I know that myself. He did something I tried to do and was unsuccessful in accomplishing. He won the general election. And he continues with a message of inclusion and bringing people together and his vision is something which obviously connected with the American people in a very powerful way."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
RE: Keeping his enemies closer
Mitt's invite to Trump Tower is a 'fuck you.' Trump is going to dangle Secretary of State in his face and yank it.
RE: Keeping his enemies closer
(November 30, 2016 at 8:50 am)mihoda Wrote: Mitt's invite to Trump Tower is a 'fuck you.' He's going to dangle it in his face and yank it.

(November 30, 2016 at 8:50 am)mihoda Wrote: Mitt's invite to Trump Tower is a 'fuck you.' Trump is going to dangle Secretary of State  in his face and yank it.

Either that or Trump is so thinned skin and starved for acceptance that he'll give Mitt what he wants.  Mitt, will you be my friend now?

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 270 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1048 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  trump announces his bid for reelection! Drich 154 14026 July 18, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump has blood on his hands WinterHold 60 4342 December 13, 2018 at 2:59 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Sh*thole craps on his intel again..... Brian37 2 555 August 3, 2018 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Banana Republicunt Thinks It Is His Personal Property Minimalist 17 2114 May 20, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump and his right-wing blowjob supporters. Jehanne 3 736 April 22, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Oh, Poor Mike Pence. His Favorite Hobby Horse Shot Down Minimalist 8 1693 April 21, 2018 at 3:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Trump bomb Syria to back up his live tweets on Fox & Friends on 4/10? Whateverist 1 497 April 18, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The WLB Changes His Mind. Or Not. Minimalist 1 541 April 12, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie