Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Royal Baby on the way
Another Royal Baby on the way
So we're getting bombarded with this nonsense on the news, just like we did with the previous one. What is your opinion on the monarchy?

http://news.sky.com/story/zara-and-mike-...d-10677987

Quote:Zara and Mike Tindall are expecting their second child.

The Queen's equestrian champion granddaughter and the former England rugby player are said to be thrilled.

"Mike and Zara are expecting another baby," their spokeswoman said.

The couple, who live on the Princess Royal's Gatcombe Park country estate in Gloucestershire, already have a daughter called Mia who is nearly three.

The baby is due around late spring and will be the Queen and Prince Philip's sixth great-grandchild.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: "The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh and members of the Royal Family are delighted with the news."

Mia was pictured earlier this year holding the Queen's handbag when Her Majesty posed for a photograph with her great-grandchildren for her 90th birthday.  
RE: Another Royal Baby on the way
Just out of curiosity, what are your opinions on the royal family, Bella? My mom's English, and her parents are all staunch royalists, while her brothers both really dislike the whole royal institution, so I've heard both sides of the fence.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I would have to take a laxative to give a shit about this.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 30, 2016 at 11:09 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what are your opinions on the royal family, Bella?  My mom's English, and her parents are all staunch royalists, while her brothers both really dislike the whole royal institution, so I've heard both sides of the fence.

Sorry, I probably should have put that in the OP.

I would like to see the royal family abolished at some point in my life time. Not violently, but slowly phased out by cutting down their duties and the money they receive from the government.

When the time comes, any castles, palaces and expensive royal jewellery belonging to them should be confiscated so we can still maintain a decent tourist industry without them.

However, it's unlikely to happen for years to come since so many Brits worship the royals at this point. I also think the royals are rich enough to maintain their palaces and armed bodyguards without government assistance.

(November 30, 2016 at 11:26 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I would have to take a laxative to give a shit about this.

Boru

I don't blame you.

But we're getting bombarded with it on the news and I figured I would post it anyway, maybe it could lead to an interesting discussion on the future of the royals.
(November 30, 2016 at 11:27 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(November 30, 2016 at 11:09 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what are your opinions on the royal family, Bella?  My mom's English, and her parents are all staunch royalists, while her brothers both really dislike the whole royal institution, so I've heard both sides of the fence.

Sorry, I probably should have put that in the OP.

I would like to see the royal family abolished at some point in my life time. Not violently, but slowly phased out by cutting down their duties and the money they receive from the government.

When the time comes, any castles, palaces and expensive royal jewellery belonging to them should be confiscated so we can still maintain a decent tourist industry without them.

However, it's unlikely to happen for years to come since so many Brits worship the royals at this point.

I'd probably agree with most of that, yeah.  To an American (me), it just seems like a celebrity culture on steroids, with a literally invulnerable revenue stream and all the responsibility of a glorified rubber stamp.  Not to say that members of the royal family haven't done good things, served in the armed forces, etc - but those things are good on their own, and I don't understand the people that think being a royal somehow adds to the merit, when perfectly normal Brits do that stuff every day without the unlimited wealth.

I care about the royal babies as much as I care about Kim Kardashian's perfume line (does she have a perfume line?). What's funny is that my mom has a calendar for 2016 where each month is a picture of the royal toddler(s), and whenever her brothers visit they give her endless shit about it.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(November 30, 2016 at 11:07 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Yep, another one.

I got your royal baby right here . . .

Jerkoff
I really hate these families that keep having more kids just so they can exploit the welfare state.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(November 30, 2016 at 11:31 am)Crossless1 Wrote:
(November 30, 2016 at 11:07 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Yep, another one.

I got your royal baby right here . . .

Jerkoff

So I'm assuming you're against the royals? Tongue

(November 30, 2016 at 11:30 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I'd probably agree with most of that, yeah.  To an American (me), it just seems like a celebrity culture on steroids, with a literally invulnerable revenue stream and all the responsibility of a glorified rubber stamp.  Not to say that members of the royal family haven't done good things, served in the armed forces, etc - but those things are good on their own, and I don't understand the people that think being a royal somehow adds to the merit, when perfectly normal Brits do that stuff every day without the unlimited wealth.

I care about the royal babies as much as I care about Kim Kardashian's perfume line (does she have a perfume line?).  What's funny is that my mom has a calendar for 2016 where each month is a picture of the royal toddler(s), and whenever her brothers visit they give her endless shit about it.

They may have served in the Armed Forces but they are granted 'safer' jobs than regular non-royal soldiers for obvious reasons but it is still tremendously unfair.

I agree with you, it is celebrity culture on steroids. The government always make out that the unemployed and the working poor receiving government assistance are scroungers while the royals and government officials are the real scroungers.

That's why it confuses me when people are outraged at some click-bait headline about an unemployed family but yet they gladly worship the Queen who is effectively doing the same thing.
Please keep your smelly royal rug rats on your side of the pond!
(November 30, 2016 at 12:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Please keep your smelly royal rug rats on your side of the pond!

Unfortunately we have no other choice!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irish government to apologise over mother-and-baby homes zebo-the-fat 6 445 January 12, 2021 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 7475 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Rays of Lightening..... WAY TO GO TAMPA! Brian37 8 445 April 24, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Baby T-rex for sale brewer 4 498 April 18, 2019 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Aborting Baby Hitler... Rev. Rye 71 6697 January 20, 2019 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  So the way to honor our military is to do what? Brian37 9 1121 November 19, 2018 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4516 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another Day, another derogatory book about Trump. Jehanne 25 2313 August 13, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  This Is Not The Way To Stop Him From Incriminating Himself Minimalist 13 994 August 8, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Does Baby Formula Contain Neurotoxins? brewer 6 997 July 10, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger