Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA Dance Club fire tragedy
CA Dance Club fire tragedy
Just saw a report that possibly dozens have been killed in a massive fire at a warehouse type night club.

This is breaking news this AM
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: CA Dance Club fire tragedy
oh.. damn.. that's sad... Sad
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
That's terrible. Nightclubs have a tendency to catch fire with lots of people in them. I'll not be frequenting one . . . ever.
Fire was in Oakland. 9 confirmed dead so far.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

9 confirmed, up to 40 expected. Live feed of the breaking news event here: http://abc7news.com/live/
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
and waiting for structural engine to give OK to search what's left of the building

9 dead, 13 (?) believed missing

So this was maybe an artist's loft?

No alarms, no sprinklers, apparently.

ETA: Oh, never mind. Not a proper loft.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
An artist's collective ... lots of oils and thinners, a staircase made out of wood pallets, party on the second floor ...

showing my age here, well, I'm not that old, but it was something still talked about in the 60s when I was growing up

[Image: cocoanut-grove.jpg]

I think this is why it's so important for nightclubs to have a large number of emergency exits and, obviously, a good sprinkler system.

How horrible though
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire in Brijest - a predictable result of recycling stupidity? FlatAssembler 66 3962 October 28, 2023 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Flint Pastor Calls for Cease Fire onlinebiker 1 255 August 13, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Fire at Pier 45 in San Francisco onlinebiker 10 1006 May 24, 2020 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Australia on fire Fake Messiah 21 2168 January 12, 2020 at 8:01 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Jump in the fire...... Brian37 19 873 September 19, 2019 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Part of Notre Dame on fire. Brian37 98 4788 April 19, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  More Logs On The Fire Minimalist 2 362 September 4, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Time to fire up the log chipper (not for the sensitive or squeamish) vorlon13 22 3636 May 3, 2018 at 7:03 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The Tragedy Of The Humboldt Broncos Amarok 5 690 April 10, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Grade school girls can't say No when asked to dance brewer 94 5223 February 13, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: brewer