Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Appreciation Thread
Staff Appreciation Thread
Has someone on staff ever done something nice for you? Did they ban a sock you were mindlessly fighting with, help you get into your inbox, show you how to use the slack channel, fixed a fucked up post, given you cunnilingus or just generally been a pal? Here's the place to thank them for it.

I'm going to start with Tibs because I haven't needed help from a different staff member recently. I will be sure to mark it down when I do.

Thanks to Tibs for fucking up, I mean, doing maintenance on, the forum this morning. That took about 45 minutes of your time.  Worship
RE: Staff Appreciation Thread
This nefarious new feature has me suspicious.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Offhand I can't think of anything anyone did specifically for me, but as a group they've kept this place running pretty smoothly for as long as I've been here. I mean, not needing help from staff is usually a sign that everyone's doing a great job.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I would like to thank ALL members of the staff for not banning me for being a dickhead.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
putting up with my (legendary) serious impairment with all things computer related,

that I have not inadvertently crashed the site is a wonder, btw . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 3, 2016 at 3:40 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: This nefarious new feature has me suspicious.

I'm hoping you'll all get roasted. Mwahahaha! Nah, just figured you guys get enough shit for doing your volunteer jobs. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to get a high-five.
(December 3, 2016 at 3:34 pm)Shell B Wrote: Has someone on staff ever done something nice for you? Did they ban a sock you were mindlessly fighting with, help you get into your inbox, show you how to use the slack channel, fixed a fucked up post, given you cunnilingus or just generally been a pal? Here's the place to thank them for it.

I'm going to start with Tibs because I haven't needed help from a different staff member recently. I will be sure to mark it down when I do.

Thanks to Tibs for fucking up, I mean, doing maintenance on, the forum this morning. That took about 45 minutes of your time.  Worship

Well Shell, you have a big man. Our work pales in comparision with his nerdy fight for keeping the ship afloat. the rest of us are just glad to help.
Oh, duh. Thanks for just being on staff, all of you. It's very kind to offer your assistance to help run the site for everyone.
. . . the orgies in the mod area are fun too . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 3, 2016 at 3:44 pm)LastPoet Wrote:
(December 3, 2016 at 3:34 pm)Shell B Wrote: Has someone on staff ever done something nice for you? Did they ban a sock you were mindlessly fighting with, help you get into your inbox, show you how to use the slack channel, fixed a fucked up post, given you cunnilingus or just generally been a pal? Here's the place to thank them for it.

Well Shell, you have a big man. Our work pales in comparision with his nerdy fight for keeping the ship afloat. the rest of us are just glad to help.

That's not true. Sure, he's like the mechanic (with some help from admins), but oftentimes you guys are doing the stuff he hates to do. He very sincerely couldn't run the place without a staff. Well, not if he wants to stay married. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2448 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 654878 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4123 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5620 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172
  blocking ex staff members Catholic_Lady 68 6471 November 17, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Staff....Once The Strike Ends...Strange Error Message Minimalist 1 2031 April 5, 2015 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Question for the staff Joods 16 5535 April 1, 2015 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Staff appreciation! robvalue 36 9978 January 21, 2015 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Rayaan Leaves The Staff and the Whole Board Goes To Shit. Minimalist 51 10661 July 12, 2014 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Random Thought For the Staff to Consider Minimalist 3 2104 April 30, 2014 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist