Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Destruction of America by Atheists
The Destruction of America by Atheists
I don't know how many atheists attend church gatherings or masses or anything religious. My wife is a Christian, was raised into it just as I was and she is beginning to question her faith. Of course I am not trying to pursuade her one way or the other. I even attend the church services with her. I listen with an open mind and heart, just to get insight from how Christians think and feel. My wife is the only one in my family who knows I am an atheist. Although I agree with a lot of what the church teaches, I am against a few things. Churches are blaming non believers for destroying our country of America and the world. I don't believe God gave us morals. We define our own morals as human beings. It's sad to see the hostility against any form of non belief or skeptism. The preacher shouts and lashes out against atheism as the people of the church shout Amen! and things like that. Funny how 5 minutes before that the preacher talks about loving all humans and gods creatures.

Now back on topic, Is America on its way to destruction? Or is it not. And if you believe so, do you believe it is from non believers, or do you believe it is from another source.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: The Destruction of America by Atheists
I don't think America is on its way to destruction. Then again, I'm not Pat Robertson...
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Yes, huge fucking destruction. Leave the cuntry now!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Well, the word "godless" has been recognized as a synonym for "immoral" for quite some time. What he was preaching isn't new, and atheists have been blamed for shit like this for a long time. It doesn't really bother me. I don't intend to associate with anybody who judges so harshly based on religious belief.

Is America on its way to destruction? Yeah, but so is the rest of the world now that our President thinks climate change is a Chinese hoax.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(December 3, 2016 at 3:50 pm)Loading Please Wait Wrote: I don't know how many atheists attend church gatherings or masses or anything religious. My wife is a Christian, was raised into it just as I was and she is beginning to question her faith. Of course I am not trying to pursuade her one way or the other. I even attend the church services with her. I listen with an open mind and heart, just to get insight from how Christians think and feel. My wife is the only one in my family who knows I am an atheist. Although I agree with a lot of what the church teaches, I am against a few things. Churches are blaming non believers for destroying our country of America and the world. I don't believe God gave us morals. We define our own morals as human beings. It's sad to see the hostility against any form of non belief or skeptism. The preacher shouts and lashes out against atheism as the people of the church shout Amen! and things like that. Funny how 5 minutes before that the preacher talks about loving all humans and gods creatures.

Now back on topic, Is America on its way to destruction? Or is it not. And if you believe so, do you believe it is from non believers, or do you believe it is from another source.

Choosing Trump would give anyone reason to wonder.  But it was church goers, not the godless who voted him in.
I'm smiling because I'm a historian.
America is fine...for now.
All empires fail, in time.

I wish atheists had the kind of power that religious conservatives say that we do. For a class of millions, no politician ever addresses our concerns, we're vastly outnumbered, and depending on what statistics are to believed or not, we're grossly underrepresented in state and federal government.

Yet we're bringing it all down.

It's almost like they believe that some invisible, non-existent force is influencing their lives.

Imagine that.
(December 3, 2016 at 6:34 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: All empires fail, in time.

Even imaginary ones?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists: What if Trump addressed your issues in America. Would you vote for him? Sanau 38 4305 March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why are Atheists in America ok with cannibalism through consent Kaloomi 67 10672 June 23, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1096 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2177 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why is Atheism more controversial in America than Europe? TheMessiah 19 4294 June 6, 2015 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: JuliaL
  Is Atheism truly frowned upon in America? TheMessiah 21 5356 February 10, 2015 at 12:23 am
Last Post: wiploc
  The Image Problem With Atheism in America Polaris 165 14483 August 14, 2014 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  America a christian nation? Sludgeman101 39 7172 June 17, 2014 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Atheist persecution in america MountainsWinAgain 36 6999 June 3, 2014 at 8:57 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Christopher Hitchens - TEXAS: America Supersized (Documentary) Woody68 2 1969 April 15, 2013 at 10:55 am
Last Post: justin