Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William Lane Craig unmasked.
William Lane Craig unmasked.
by Lawrence Krauss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgxUTJmcWsM

I think that Krauss has his own shortcomings, such as being unnecessary abrasive and rude at times, which, I think, stems from his own personal insecurities, but in this video, he scores a bulls-eye.
RE: William Lane Craig unmasked.
Here's WLC getting embarassed some more:

(December 3, 2016 at 8:18 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Here's WLC getting embarassed some more:

I think Craig is on point here. His opponent is drawing value judgements about harming others out of thin air, without really justifying why they are moral values. He's engaged in a classic example of Moore's naturalistic fallacy. So ultimately, I think the point goes to Craig.

“If everything on earth were rational, nothing would happen.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
But Shelly makes a good point when he asks "and why should that matter" in relation to a theist's attempts to ground moral values in God's authority.
Wink 
Craig vs Parsons may be of interest to some of you.  Here it is:

(December 3, 2016 at 11:47 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(December 3, 2016 at 8:18 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Here's WLC getting embarassed some more:

I think Craig is on point here.  His opponent is drawing value judgements about harming others out of thin air, without really justifying why they are moral values.  He's engaged in a classic example of Moore's naturalistic fallacy.  So ultimately, I think the point goes to Craig.

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

I agree, Sam Harris pretty much does the same thing. It's pre-packaged philosophy, being snuck in. Of course most people tend to agree anyway, but that doesn't validate the argument. It's just exclusionary thinking.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

I think Craig is on point here.  His opponent is drawing value judgements about harming others out of thin air, without really justifying why they are moral values.  He's engaged in a classic example of Moore's naturalistic fallacy.  So ultimately, I think the point goes to Craig.

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Nah that's conflating moral ontology with moral epistemology.

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Yep.  So far, every time someone's posted how WLC has been "embarrassed," it's because they are excited about an atheist's points, and ignoring WLC's.  I think he holds the wrong position, but nobody can really accuse him of not representing that position pretty much as well as one could, IMO.
WLC is a small business owner and not a scholar.  He even admitted during a debate (sorry, I'd have to look it up) that he "spends most of my time reading atheist literature"; in other words, he spends most of his days working out of his home (probably, in his underwear), reading-up on his next debate opponent.  This is not the work of a true scholar.
Yup

In all his debates Craig has never been able to provide a good argument for god being the foundation of morality that doesn't beg the question. My favorite example is when he tries to argue that deep down we really know something is wrong as if our feelings on the matter make it justified.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ham vs. Craig Fake Messiah 22 1803 November 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  William Lane Craig badmouthed Donald Trump. Jehanne 25 3093 August 30, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  PSA: RationalWiki -- William Lane Craig Jehanne 10 1489 December 14, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  William Lane Craig's drunken phone call. Jehanne 3 1234 January 13, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Dr. Craig contradiction. Jehanne 121 25588 November 13, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Bill Craig now claiming to have a PhD in Philosophy. Jehanne 26 5580 March 18, 2017 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  William Craig caught in a lie. Jehanne 23 4849 January 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm
  William Lane Craig denies the number zero. Jehanne 63 7274 October 30, 2016 at 4:54 pm
  Dr. Craig is a liar. Jehanne 1036 98869 May 24, 2016 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: dom.donald
  William Lane Craig diagnosed. Jehanne 25 5401 May 16, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: abaris