Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Key resigns as PM of New Zealand
John Key resigns as PM of New Zealand
https://twitter.com/i/moments/805560767973994496

Almost 10 years on, apparently. Wants to "spend more time with family."
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: John Key resigns as PM of New Zealand
More like he probably doesn't want to have to have future dealings with the president-elect orange turd.

If that's the case, I don't blame him.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I don't know about that. He's leader of the NZ Tories after all, the slash taxes, slash social welfare, slash public services, massively increase corporat welfare party. Himself and Herr Oberststurmbanngroppenfuhrer have a lot in common ideologically.

He's stepping down because the Kiwis are cottoning on to what a disaster slash and burn government actually is, especially as his flag referendum PR stunt this time last year failed to distract the plebs.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Clearly he wasn't the "Key" to New Zealand's success. He couldn't unlock the door to greater prosperity. It's unfortunate New Zealand had to endure this.

Oh yeah, Key's legacy.

Home
In the US, "spend more time with family" is usually code for "Yeah, I got caught fucking a dead dog in the ass and posting pics on the internet and they are making me resign".
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 5, 2016 at 3:18 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: In the US, "spend more time with family" is usually code for "Yeah, I got caught fucking a dead dog in the ass and posting pics on the internet and they are making me resign".

^^^^ QFT ^^^^

Smart money says someone caught him doing something very naughty.
Is this the fucking essence of being nearly 60 and growing older still:

no fucking end to the goddam cancer of cynicism ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Tongue

at least it wasn't me fucking a dead dog in the ass . . . .

(December 6, 2016 at 7:08 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(December 5, 2016 at 3:18 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: In the US, "spend more time with family" is usually code for "Yeah, I got caught fucking a dead dog in the ass and posting pics on the internet and they are making me resign".

^^^^ QFT ^^^^

Smart money says someone caught him doing something very naughty.

I'm guessing he's thinking his party are up for a political annihilation in a couple of years time, and he (like the Tuberculosis Bacilli in the UK) doesn't want to go out as a losing politician.

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Bolton Is A Bum BrianSoddingBoru4 20 1715 June 19, 2020 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Brian37
  John Oliver And The Chaos in Washington Minimalist 3 815 October 9, 2017 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Tom Price, HHS Secretary resigns vorlon13 13 870 September 30, 2017 at 6:44 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Trump names John Kelly to replace The Reince as WH Chief of Staff c172 16 3796 July 29, 2017 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  John Oliver on Jared and Ivanka Minimalist 0 688 April 24, 2017 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  John Oliver Discusses The French Election Minimalist 13 3512 April 19, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  John Oliver...Spotlight on Johnson and Stein Minimalist 51 4444 October 19, 2016 at 2:29 am
  John Oliver on Congressional Fundraising Minimalist 2 496 April 5, 2016 at 8:51 pm
  John Oliver Dismantles Trump...er Drumpf Minimalist 15 2942 March 1, 2016 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Reforged
  I regard John McCain as Minimalist 15 2371 April 16, 2015 at 4:40 am
Last Post: A Theist