Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My (probably unpopular) opinion on arab refugees
My (probably unpopular) opinion on arab refugees
I know, every life important. Helping refugees is okay, too. But letting them enter your country is another thing.

First of all, let me be more objective from a political perspective: letting refugees in means putting your own people in danger. And we all know the many accidents that have occured in countries like Germany and Switzerland. If you as a government let refugees in and they hurt civilians, it is your responsability.

Now, to my personal point of view: religion. These refugees have strong religious beliefs, and if you let them in, their religion will start to spread. They will start building churches and mosques. And this, in the long run, will hurt society, the world, a lot more than letting some people die. Yes, even children. (Example of this: Londonistan, eh, I mena, London)

If I was the president of a country, I would send food, water, clothes, etc to help the refugees. But I would never let them in my country. I am the president of MY country, not of the world. What happens to Syria isnt my problem. 

What do you think?
RE: My (probably unpopular) opinion on arab refugees
So keep out Arab Muslim and Christian refugees from Syria; but allow Kurds and ethnic Armenians from Syria in?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(December 5, 2016 at 1:41 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: So keep out Arab Muslim and Christian refugees from Syria; but allow Kurds and ethnic Armenians from Syria in?

What are you talking about? I dont even know who Kurds and Armenians are.
Ridiculous.

History has countless examples of the movements of significant numbers of people from one country to the next, and somehow the human race endured. America itself was literally founded by religious immigrants who were seeking a new life away from oppression.
The world is much smaller than we like to admit. And the thought that a government can agree to bomb the shit out of a country, and then refuse to accept the inevitable flow of people looking to escape said bombing of said country, disgusts me to my core.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(December 5, 2016 at 1:36 pm)Macoleco Wrote: I know, every life important. Helping refugees is okay, too. But letting them enter your country is another thing.

First of all, let me be more objective from a political perspective: letting refugees in means putting your own people in danger. And we all know the many accidents that have occured in countries like Germany and Switzerland. If you as a government let refugees in and they hurt civilians, it is your responsability.

Now, to my personal point of view: religion. These refugees have strong religious beliefs, and if you let them in, their religion will start to spread. They will start building churches and mosques. And this, in the long run, will hurt society, the world, a lot more than letting some people die. Yes, even children. 

If I was the president of a country, I would send food, water, clothes, etc to help the refugees. But I would never let them in my country. I am the president of MY country, not of the world. What happens to Syria isnt my problem. 

What do you think?

I don't think the awful events occured because they were refugees, it was because they were really shitty and evil people, and there are many non-refugees that are the same. Not letting thousands of people in to a safe country because a minority did bad stuff doesn't seem good to me. What about the ones who do good for society?

They can't really start building mosques and churches like that, and that part can be heavily restricted. 

Your food and water helps, but it won't really protect them against bullets and missiles. 

What seriously icks me are the refugees that don't respect our cultures and boundaries, however there are non-refugees that don't either. However it's a bit worse imo when some newcomers from a shitty country where they had shit lives go to a nice and good country only to make things worse. I've had some in my school that have barely been here a year and they fight teachers and others. It's as much as a problem when a non refugee does so too but it's a bit harder to appreciate something that you've had your whole life, which makes me think how some people can't appreciate the most appreciable things.

I have a feeling my last paragraph will trigger some sparks, but those are my thoughts on the matter and I'm willing to apologise if I'm wrong.

Edit: Want to add regarding the 3rd paragraph; it was a bit off the topic, but some bad apples don't change my stance on the matter, we should still definitely let people from countries in war flee and live along with us.
If what happens in Syria isn't your problem, why would you send them food and water?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I often think what would happen if there was a total breakdown of civil order in the UK, or a civil war. People think it could never happen. They're hilarious.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(December 5, 2016 at 1:45 pm)Macoleco Wrote:
(December 5, 2016 at 1:41 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: So keep out Arab Muslim and Christian refugees from Syria; but allow Kurds and ethnic Armenians from Syria in?

What are you talking about? I dont even know who Kurds and Armenians are.

But you're fine with waxing on about the goings on in the Middle East.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
The world works because humans move from one place to another. If your country permanently closed it's borders, not only will your economy dwindle but your society would suffocate. Refugees are people too, just moving from one place to another. If you don't wanna feel scared, treat them like humans, share your culture with them and assimilate them in your society.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(December 5, 2016 at 1:57 pm)Faith No More Wrote: If what happens in Syria isn't your problem, why would you send them food and water?

I would help them but not let them in

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I know I'm in the minority with this one-but this is a slippery slope in my opinion A Godzilla fan 19 1208 September 30, 2019 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Nice Gesture But It Probably Won't Help Minimalist 0 201 October 14, 2018 at 12:08 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What is your opinion about Communism? ErGingerbreadMandude 170 24183 November 26, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Actual fake news is literally destroying America in my opinion NuclearEnergy 23 8785 May 19, 2017 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Zenith
  U.S refugees to Canada Amarok 3 1043 March 13, 2017 at 6:24 am
Last Post: abaris
  Kellyanne Conway says 2 Iraqi refugees responsible for Bowling Green Massacre Cecelia 26 3894 February 3, 2017 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Video Roger Waters' opinion of Trump Doubting Thomas 1 640 January 21, 2017 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why are people so cruel? Refugees AdamJa 68 7348 July 8, 2016 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Refugees Sappho 6 794 July 7, 2016 at 12:32 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can someone help me? I'm trying to open my mind to new ideas about Refugees DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 100 11071 November 30, 2015 at 2:59 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus