Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Science of the Big Bang
The Science of the Big Bang
After quite a bit of editing and copying of earlier drafts, the final draft is here.

Before I start, I wish to clarify terms that I can be misinterpreted.
-Scientific Theory: A scientific theory is much different than a regular theory. A scientific theory a tested, proven, peer-reviewed explanation of something scientific, such as the Theory of Germs, the Theory of General Relativity, and of course, the Theory of Evolution.
-Theory (general use): A theory in general use can be almost correlated with that of a scientific hypothesis. It's something unproven, but it's an idea.

For the thousands of years we have been on this Earth, we have wondered how we got here. We now have the best possible explanation.
Let's start off with the clarification of some misconceptions. The Big Bang shouldn't be thought of as an explosion but an inflation, or expansion. In order to understand this, we must picture a balloon. Picture a very small, un-blown up balloon. Now imagine that balloon being blown up to it's usual size. Well, imagine it doesn't stop there. Imagine it happens to continue expanding, and expanding. It doesn't seem to stop. Imagine this, instead of an explosion. Now, onto the explanation.

Before we explain in-depth the science-y science of the Big Bang Theory, we must understand its origins. The Big Bang Theory was formed by a Belgian priest Georges Lemaître in the 1920s. He first theorized that the universe had been formed by a single, primordial atom. Later on, such a theory was later widely boosted when Edwin Hubble had seen that the universe was expanding, and speeding away from us. The theory also had been supported by the discovery of cosmic microwave radiation, that is, a small, very faint glow of light that fills the entire universe, which was found by Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson. However, the theory of inflation, that is, the scientific theory that states that there was an expansion of space in the universe, was invented in the 1980s, which correlates with the original Big Bang theory.

Now that we've got that out of they way, we may move on to the true science of the Big Bang. Picture this: you are in...nothingness. Pretty difficult, right? We usually picture blackness, which by itself in something. I mean, the very sentence contradicts itself. I'm in nothingness? That means there is something. That's the problem. The human mind cannot fully understand nothingness, no matter how hard we try, no matter what we think of. The only way to understand nothingness, really, is to die. Stick with me here. Well, now, picture a highly small, highly heated something. This is called a singularity. You might have heard the term before for the things that are, theoretically, at the center of Black Holes- a thing that has compressed itself so much, that it has become something that holds an infinite amount of energy. Well, this singularity, in a way, defies the laws of physics, because it was not formed in space, but space was formed in it. Now, obviously, this sounds like the whole theory is dis-proven, but bear with me hear. We have to remember to step out of experiences that are not our own. We cannot fully comprehend the concept of nothingness, but we can sure know that when there is nothing, there certainly is nothing, that means nothing. No concept of time, no cause and effect, and no laws of...anything, really. There was nothing before the singularity. Not a thing.

Now, picture this singularity rapidly expanding (the imaginary grid of the flat universe exteding) around 10 to the -33 and -32 seconds seconds after the Big Bang), becoming less condense and much, much larger than before. This extension is widely deemed as the cosmic inflation, as mentioned earlier. Many ask, "How does this happen?" Good question. We don't know. However, a prevailing theory involves the Inflaton, a hypothetical scalar field. The theory works like this:

1. A quantum fluctuation lifts the inflaton field to a high energy state

2.This causes a huge amount of dark energy, leading to rapid expansion ("Inflation")

3. Then, the rapid expansion almost stops, the Inflaton field decays to matter and radiation ("reheating")

4. The universe keeps expanding and cooling in the usual way.

Now, this mega-expansion left behind the first subatomic particles. The seeds of complex structures are formed. However, these particles are not allowed to further this construction and formation of complex structures because the universe was still in a very early, and very, very heated. Thus, simple atoms could not be created and form together. About 400,000 years after the big bang, light began to be there, and after millions of years, once the Earth startled to cool, simple atoms were formed, and started to create more complex structure. For example, hydrogen atoms bonded to create stars (very large and unstable stars, but that's not relevant to the topic). Eventually, everything in space and on Earth and all of the other planets in our solar system and in the whole cosmos were created, as well as complex living organisms, most likely through a process called abiogenesis.

For 200,000 years humans have been searching for the answer to the formation of the universe. We have now achieved such knowledge, or at least, the best possible solution to such a query.

Sources:

http://science.nationalgeographic.com/sc...e-article/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...ic-microw/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_(cosmology)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation

http://www.space.com/25126-big-bang-theory.html

http://www.big-bang-theory.com/
RE: The Science of the Big Bang
God created the universe in 7 days. Duh. End of story.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 6, 2016 at 7:45 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: God created the universe in 7 days. Duh. End of story.

Science has been defeated!
(December 6, 2016 at 7:45 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: God created the universe in 7 days. Duh. End of story.

No he didn't.

Quote:The Ennead, in which Atum arose from the primordial waters (Neith), and masturbated to relieve his loneliness. His semen and breath became Tefnut (moisture) and Shu (dryness), respectively. From Shu and Tefnut, were born Geb (earth), and Nut (sky), who were born in a state of permanent copulation. Shu separated them, and their children were Ausare (Osiris; death), Set (desert), Aset (Isis; life), and Nebet Het (Nephthys; fertile land). Osiris and Isis were a couple, as were Nepthys and Set.

Much better story than yours.
OP, where are you going with this?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 6, 2016 at 8:42 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: OP, where are you going with this?

With what? Many people encouraged me to make this.
(December 6, 2016 at 8:46 pm)RiddledWithFear Wrote:
(December 6, 2016 at 8:42 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: OP, where are you going with this?

With what? Many people encouraged me to make this.

OK, thanks for the read.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The Big Bang is the "white hole" exit from some SMBH in another universe. And each of our black holes is the birth of another universe.
The science of the Big Bang is acceptable. Scientists work HARD to come up with the theory. Do you expect a crazy man to create the universe in just 7 days? NO. 'Cause the Bible is a messed up FICTION story for little kids. I feel bad for Christian people, they are brainwashed to believe in a God. God is bulls**t.

Forget it. You've been brainwashed too well. God created universe in 7 days? Hmm. I'm laughing so hard right now.
(December 7, 2016 at 9:40 am)Cyrinistar Wrote:

Forget it. You've been brainwashed too well. God created universe in 7 days? Hmm. I'm laughing so hard right now.

Don't even try to convince her. Catholic_Lady is this forum's most notorious evangelical young earth fundamentalist.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did the Big Bang happen? JairCrawford 50 3547 May 18, 2022 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Just When I Thought I Understood the Big Bang Rhondazvous 19 2511 January 23, 2018 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  If the Universe Collapses Because of a False Vacuum, Won't There Just be Another Big Rhondazvous 11 2426 November 8, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Big Bang and QM bennyboy 1 614 September 10, 2017 at 4:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How big is the universe? Rhondazvous 77 11789 August 1, 2017 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Teaching the Big bang theory to Preschoolers GeorgiasTelescope 5 1589 June 24, 2017 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  I wrote the first book to teach the Big Bang theory to Preschoolers! GeorgiasTelescope 0 649 June 12, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: GeorgiasTelescope
Smile "Science of the Big Bang" Rough Draft and Secondary Draft RiddledWithFear 4 1641 December 6, 2016 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: RiddledWithFear
  Is there a "Science of the Big Bang" thread on Here? RiddledWithFear 30 4076 December 6, 2016 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Alex K
  What to say when somebody asks about the big bang zak 111 10398 November 15, 2016 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Angrboda