Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you folks think about this religion?
what do you folks think about this religion?
As i said before..I am not into any religion..I am not even into atheism..i believe in the own values of people..
religion is often misunderstood..there are thousands of different faiths and beliefs in this world..
when i was in New DElhi(India)in the 80'...I visited this temple...a religion coming from Iran..
I did not go into it as such..but...I think it got good values in terms of  spiritual togetherness,human values etc..
what do you think of it,folks???did anyone of you came in touch with it so far?
greetings....tigerlove wishes all of you a good day and peace of mind.. Smile

http://bahaiteachings.org/bahai-faith

P.S..Probably posted into the wrong section?can a mod move this into the section where it should belong?
RE: what do you folks think about this religion?
I'll bring it to their attention to move.

I think you may have the wrong idea about atheism. It's not a philosophy or a world view. It's a description of a state of mind on one single issue (belief in God; a lack of). It tells you nothing more about the person, and is certainly not exclusive from any sort of human values.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
It looks like just another religion to me. "Oneness with God" kind of relies on there being a god to be one with. Produce that and maybe I'll consider it.

Also, to note on you saying "I am not even into atheism": atheism isn't a thing. It's a lack of a thing.
Seems like another one of those religions formed in reaction to the big monotheisms (it was invented in 1844), that uses as vague language as possible to avoid making any concrete, specific claims.

This could be a religion that a lot of people who call themselves 'spiritual' could get into, since...there's really not much there besides emphasizing ill-defined ideas of "oneness" and "world peace" (real revolutionary idea there, huh?). From what I've read of it, it really doesn't offer anything more than a good philosophical outlook with some magic sprinkled on top. Get rid of the magic and you're just quoting a string of philosophers that already said this stuff.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Moderator Notice
I offered some magic mushrooms to Lord Krishna, his soul may be manifold, and asked for the thread to be moved to a different plane of existence.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

An old woman in my home village joined the Ba'hai at some point, and it always seemed relatively pleasant. I'm a bit weary though how much the European appropriated version still has in common with the original...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I know a lot of new-agers who are into it. Basically a formal cafeteria religion that sweeps the basic incompatibilities of various religions under the carpet and pretend it actually means something.
Not that impresive when you look at the mechanics.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
Weird.
Just another based on a man made fantasy delusion.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 7, 2016 at 8:15 am)tigerlove Wrote: As i said before..I am not into any religion..I am not even into atheism..i believe in the own values of people..
religion is often misunderstood..there are thousands of different faiths and beliefs in this world..
when i was in New DElhi(India)in the 80'...I visited this temple...a religion coming from Iran..
I did not go into it as such..but...I think it got good values in terms of  spiritual togetherness,human values etc..
what do you think of it,folks???did anyone of you came in touch with it so far?
greetings....tigerlove wishes all of you a good day and peace of mind.. Smile

http://bahaiteachings.org/bahai-faith

P.S..Probably posted into the wrong section?can a mod move this into the section where it should belong?

I think that the bahai faith is absurd, and that it's adherents are some of the most ignorant and duplicitous god botherers in existence. They largely skate by in that they say what -seem- to be tolerant, peaceful things. Take some time to get to know the beliefs, the sordid history of the institution, speak to the adherents, you'll quickly realize that the veneer is very, very thin. It's just a weird ass syncretic schism of islam, which is something that they absolutely -hate- to hear said out loud, lol. Essentially, they went the same route as the christians did with the nt, because the ot wasn't good enough..and neither...apparently, was the quran.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think Buddhism is pro intellectualism? Woah0 5 632 September 6, 2022 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 4680 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Do you think Scientology sells anyone on its belief? Sweden83 19 1691 December 25, 2020 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2698 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  How you know religion has done its job in brainwashing you: Foxaèr 19 2694 August 9, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  What do you think prayer is? vulcanlogician 44 5904 February 2, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Do you think aliens made us Roberto 73 11511 January 25, 2018 at 5:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Really makes you think Astonished 7 1925 September 25, 2017 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Personal experience says religious folks are more prone to mental diseases ErGingerbreadMandude 20 7731 August 9, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Do you think that this old hag considers herself a Good Christian? NuclearEnergy 9 2589 July 22, 2017 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: ignoramus