Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians and demons
Christians and demons
Every now and then I come across and article here or there by a gullible reporter who had the guts to write about demon possession. And I can't help but wonder: how come it's ALWAYS christians (or believers of any religion) who are being possessed by demons? How come never a single atheist was possessed? I have a theory (don't mistake the theory with beliefs) but before I say it I wanna read a christian answer to that question.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: Christians and demons
It is news to me that demonic possession only occurs in Christians. Many other religions, East and West, believe in demons. Perhaps it is only because the Church has very strict criteria for determining if a demonic possession has occurred and elaborate rituals for casting out demons. As for atheists, they would not consider it a possibility so it would most likely be misdiagnosed.
Typical for a believer - never reads the text to the end:

Quote:ALWAYS christians (or believers of any religion)
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
I stand corrected. Anything else to say?
Demonic possession......misdiagnosed....as something else.  Like what, Neo?

Rolleyes
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
How could a member of any faith other than Christianity who's possessed by a demon(s) ever hope to be cured of their affliction without first having a True Christian® available for the removal ??

And this applies to 'Christians' that are not in the correct schism too.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I've got an answer. It's just like how it's only the people who believe in ghosts who are troubled by them.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
You've got that all wrong Thom.  Plenty of people who don't believe in ghosts are troubled by them...for example...ghosts are constantly moving peoples car keys...that just gets misdiagnosed as absent mindedness.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I was raised in a denomination that believes demons, and demon possession are common. I certainly noticed that THEY had a tendency to misdiagnose almost any serious problem as demonic oppression or possession.

As for why only believers get possessed, a Pentecostal might think that possessing an atheist might be the only thing that would change their mind, and demons don't want atheists changing their minds, so it's hands off.

A corollary question is why do people of other religions have the power to cast out demons? It would be interesting if people of other faiths could only be successfully exorcised by Christians, but any culturally approved exorcism procedure seems to work.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(December 7, 2016 at 4:06 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You've got that all wrong Thom.  Plenty of people who don't believe in ghosts are troubled by them...for example...ghosts are constantly moving peoples car keys...that just gets misdiagnosed as absent mindedness.

But one quick prayer to God makes you find them again.  Never mind the children starving to death.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7591 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic priests allowed to exorcise demons in English pocaracas 48 8571 November 4, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 30529 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The TSA ain't screening for demons ?? WTF !!! vorlon13 17 3214 March 5, 2016 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Adult coloring books will get you possessed by demons!!!! drfuzzy 31 4385 March 1, 2016 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 50583 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
Question Why did God let people think demons cause epilepsy? Razzle 34 7605 May 22, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Drich
  Three Ways to Torture Demons You Haven't Heard of Yet JesusHChrist 15 4840 February 16, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15537 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
Rainbow Does god still make new demons for the devil? Brakeman 17 6492 March 5, 2013 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Brakeman