Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your job?
What's your job?
I'm just being curious. What do you do for a living? A career or job or whatever you decide to call it. Are you a student, a stay at home mom, a doctor, an Astro physicist, or are you retired?

Do you like your job? Is it a temporary situation until you find something better or are you in it for the log haul?

To start, I work for a large oil field manufacturing company. I build valves and equipment used to drill inshore and offshore. Never been offshore and don't ever really plan on it. I like my job and hope to work my way up and retire with my company.

So, what's your job?
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: What's your job?
farmer
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

What kind of farmer? I have plenty of family and friends who are farmers. I live in Louisiana and I'm not joking everyone has a sugarcane farmer in their family.
I do admin for a small business, work part-time for a computer repair shop, and I work at a locally-owned restaurant. Yes- I have three jobs. It's a lot, but they certainly keep me busy.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Nice that's definitely a big work load. Always something for you to fall back on!
Grain farmer

no critters except for house kitties
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'm a theoretical physicist by training, after a decade in research I now started a family and in order to feed it I work as a physics lecturer, high school teacher and uni textbook writer. I've spent a good part of that decade thinking about the Higgs boson, my first book project was on graduate level field theory, the second is a general training book for undergrads, and right now I'm working on introductory theoretical physics for advanced undergrad, and the translation of the first one is a done deal as of yesterday.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I'm so jealous of the farmers. I want to be one so bad. I feel like the only way to afford a farm is to marry into one or grow up on one. My husband's family is slowly building a ranch by adding a few animals at a time that I hope to help out with one day.

I have two jobs right now. I'm the senior teller/CSR at a small town bank on the week days and a breakfast hostess at a hotel on the weekends. I got the second job simply to keep me busy while my husband worked (EMS so he works 24 hour shifts) but then I decided I needed a big new truck so now I need the second job to pay for it lol. Well I don't neeeeeed it but I would rather not have to go back to never going out to the movies or to restraunts like when I was in my teens. I hope to be a stay at home mom (I worked at a daycare and I know I never want my child to go to one full time because I see what happens once the parents leave) My husband is almost done with school to be a paramedic, while working full time as an EMT, so when he gets his license he will get a very large increase in pay which will dwarf my two paychecks so I could stay home. We are going to start trying in January for our family so hopefully in the next year my life and job will change! Big Grin

sorry for tmi... I over share sometimes...
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
I manage the data entry department for a state Medicaid contract. The work isn't too hard, my staff is great, and the hours are regular. I qualify for early retirement at half pay (55 years old and 20 years with the company) but I'm not in a big hurry to retire, which probably means I like my job well enough.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I run a small business in a small town. Not going to say much more because I'm afraid that if people here knew about my atheism then business would totally dry up.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What job(s) did you have as a kid? arewethereyet 25 2105 April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Sal
  My shit ass job just called me back up CarveTheFive 25 1967 May 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  The best job in the world... Gawdzilla Sama 31 2176 April 23, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  My new job involves :) Megabullshit 17 1469 April 10, 2019 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  What is job like in Motorcycle Showroom ? Megabullshit 13 873 April 1, 2019 at 1:46 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  Surreal day on the job...more of the same on the way. arewethereyet 75 5216 March 7, 2019 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  You had one job! Mr.Obvious 7 1220 December 7, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: viocjit
  90% of my job is routine... GUBU 7 694 September 6, 2018 at 1:23 am
Last Post: GUBU
  I have a new job! drfuzzy 29 2593 July 8, 2016 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Do you like your job and/or career? Mermaid 62 5492 January 16, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Mermaid