Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democratics being obstructionist.
Democratics being obstructionist.
One of the things I've heard on here a lot in the last few years is complaints that republicans in congress have been obstructionists to president Obama and the things he's wanted to get done. I wonder now that the collapse of the Republican Party didn't occur as predicted and they now control the house, senate and Trump is president, do you want the Democratic Party to work with Trump on his agenda or have you taken a different view of Obstruction?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Democratics being obstructionist.
It's one thing to stop the opposition's agenda because they disagree. It's another to stop the opposition's agenda purely because it's the opposition's, and then blame the opposition for it. If the Dems do the latter I will be just as upset.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
From what I've seen of the Orange Turd's agenda it should be stopped in its tracks.

Grow some balls, Dems.
RE: Democratically being obstructionist.
anything the Trumpers want to do that is likely to succeed needs to be impeded at every step of the way

anything the Trumpers want to do that is likely to be a fiasco needs to sail through congress as fast as possible

That will show those fucks !!!

(the voters)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 7, 2016 at 6:47 pm)Aegon Wrote: It's one thing to stop the opposition's agenda because they disagree. It's another to stop the opposition's agenda purely because it's the opposition's, and then blame the opposition for it. If the Dems do the latter I will be just as upset.

How can we make the distinction? The obstructing body will claim the former, the party being obstructed will claim the latter. The denizens will align themselves accordingly without much consideration. Nothing will change until someone unites the middle 60% of the electorate. It's the only conceivable way out of the partisan morass.
I expect the dems will not simply obstruct everything he does, but will pick their battles for the truly horrible stuff.

Already I hear there are things that dems have been pushing for years that Trump wants to do that suddenly republicans are all on board. So I expect dems will keep trying to compromise like they have been for years, and not be complete obstructionist assholes like the Repubs were.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(December 7, 2016 at 6:56 pm)Cato Wrote:
(December 7, 2016 at 6:47 pm)Aegon Wrote: It's one thing to stop the opposition's agenda because they disagree. It's another to stop the opposition's agenda purely because it's the opposition's, and then blame the opposition for it. If the Dems do the latter I will be just as upset.

How can we make the distinction? The obstructing body will claim the former, the party being obstructed will claim the latter. The denizens will align themselves accordingly without much consideration. Nothing will change until someone unites the middle 60% of the electorate. It's the only conceivable way out of the partisan morass.

Exactly. How can we know the reasons? I assume Republicans ideologically disagree with Obama and that was their motive. I could be wrong but to ascribe positive motives to your side and negative to the other seems politically naive.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Quote:Nothing will change until someone unites the middle 60% of the electorate.

48% of whom did not even bother to fucking vote.
(December 7, 2016 at 7:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Nothing will change until someone unites the middle 60% of the electorate.

48% of whom did not even bother to fucking vote.

That's part of the uniting, give them a reason to go to the polls more than just 'not the other guy/gal'.
(December 7, 2016 at 6:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: From what I've seen of the Orange Turd's agenda it should be stopped in its tracks.

Grow some balls, Dems.

No shit! Their obstruction was about protecting corporate welfare and bigots. Dems will be stopping turning back the clock