Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question Time
Question Time
Anyone watching?

I'm getting angry at this episode already.
RE: Question Time
I liked it when Farage was called a grubby opportunist to HIS FACE.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 9, 2016 at 6:38 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I liked it when Farage was called a grubby opportunist to HIS FACE.

Of course you did.  Rolleyes

I liked it when Will Self, you know the one who looks like a heroin user, made himself look like an absolute prick. He actually did that all the way through, though.

(December 9, 2016 at 5:20 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(December 9, 2016 at 6:38 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I liked it when Farage was called a grubby opportunist to HIS FACE.

Of course you did.  Rolleyes

I liked it when Will Self, you know the one who looks like a heroin user, made himself look like an absolute prick. He actually did that all the way through, though.

I'm not a fan of Will Self, But I am a fan of insulting the national disgrace that is Nigel Farage.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I didn't see it so I'm not entirely sure of the context of the conversation, but I'm glad someone said it.

The Right-wing are opportunists. This alt-Right are people who have swept in, appropriating traditionally Leftist language of "rights" and "freedoms", to appeal to people the Left have alienated. If we have a "Regressive Left", we can have an "Opportunist Right" who play into it.

That said I pity any fucker stupid enough to fall for it. Some of you working class white people need to wake the hell up, and realise that you have more in common with Ahmed and Jose over there, than you have with Quentin [insert posh-tot name here] The 3rd and his daddy CEO sitting up high in his office. Sorry to break it to you, you do. If you think these politicians sitting high in their ivory towers have genuine solidarity with you because you have less melanin, you're a gullible idiot.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Because it feels better to push the guy beneath you down a little bit even though you don't actually improve your own station. That guttural feeling of winning is strong even if you haven't actually won anything.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---