Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are All Men Equal?
Are All Men Equal?
Do you believe all men and women are equal?

Every human being is a unique and different person. No one is the same. No one is equal.
We are individuals.

If everyone was equal there wouldn't be a need for any competitions. Everyone would be a winner. Everyone would
be equal. The brain surgeon would be equal to a dog walker. An astronaunt would be equal to a garbage collector.

Are we truly all equal?
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: Are All Men Equal?
This is such a loaded, stupid question.

Every person is different, has different skills, talents, passions, genes.

This is a different matter from the question "does everyone deserve to be treated equally regardless of their skills, talents, passions, genes--race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity." To me, the answer to this question is yes. I don't care what you have between your legs, how you look, what you wear, how many tattoos/piercings you have, how much you make or what your job is. I try to treat each person the same until they give me reason not to.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
You have some issues huh. Does welfare disgust us, are all men equal. What's next?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

We are all held equal in God's eyes, and lacking that, then equally deserving of fundamental rights. But no, we aren't all equal. Some people are clearly better in one or another category, and some people are clearly better than almost everyone else without regard to the metric. I wouldn't take a super-handsome Nobel Laureate athlete who runs NGOs in three countries building hospitals for poor kids, and ask "Yeah. . . but can you play jungle in League of Legends?" for two reasons: 1) he's obviously a better person than I am; 2) the fucker probably CAN jungle in LoL, just because God likes me to embarrass myself.

But you know if he 1:1 he's going to let me win, because any chance he has to make someone else feel good about themselves. . . that fucker's going to hate it.

I've met people like this, and I tend not to get swept away by their awesomeness. I tend to want to murder them. Big Grin
Everyone has the right to equality even if everyone is different.
Of course not. Next!

Nobody is equal.

Everybody should be treated as though they are equal.

Inequality is no reason to deny people a basic standard of living in society. You can still promote competition and ambition while providing everyone healthcare, welfare, and social security.
The notion of human equality is that everyone is equal before the law. While a charming sentiment, this is more honoured in the breach than in the observance.

No, of course no one is equal, as regards talents, abilities, station, etc. I'm better than some, worse than others.

Next stupid question, please.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Money should be reserved for luxuries, not basic stuff like keeping people healthy and alive. As long as people keep producing cool stuff that other people want, the will be no problem getting people to work and earn money.

I'd hate to be on welfare. I need stuff to make me happy.
(December 10, 2016 at 6:50 pm)Loading Please Wait Wrote: If everyone was equal there wouldn't be a need for any competitions. Everyone would be a winner. Everyone would

Since the major point has already been made - loaded question and all, let me ask you something in return. If it isn't too inconvenient in your thread creating spree, that is.

Who do you consider to be less equal, or deserving of being less equal, in order for competition to happen? Everyone's a winner is obviously a bad thing, isn't it? So, who's less equal? Or, better yet, who's supposed to be treated in a less equal way?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual desire seems to be a curse for men Macoleco 121 7438 January 24, 2023 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Are Married Men "Husbands?" How About a New Term for a New Relationship? Rhondazvous 60 9012 July 2, 2015 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  Men and Women equal? No, never. ideologue08 131 41515 May 27, 2013 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Gilgamesh
  who are the men in these avatars? Jextin 7 1841 March 26, 2013 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is 10,000 people suffering identically equal bad as one of them? Edwardo Piet 51 11617 December 24, 2010 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: jason56