Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News Flash: Psychiatrict Diagnoses Trump as a "Charismatic Psychopath"
News Flash: Psychiatrict Diagnoses Trump as a "Charismatic Psychopath"
https://psychopathsdemystified.wordpress...sociopath/

Okay, so this isn't news, but he lists some interesting observations to support his assessment.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: News Flash: Psychiatrict Diagnoses Trump as a "Charismatic Psychopath"
TBH, if he hasn't met the man, anyone who is willing to make a diagnosis based on observation only is more than suspect.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 11, 2016 at 5:20 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: TBH, if he hasn't met the man, anyone who is willing to make a diagnosis based on observation only is more than suspect.

Suppose you see a video of me telling you I'm afraid of horses (I am). As a test, the video crew brings a horse into view and I begin sweating and experiencing shortness of breath. As the horse is led closer, I begin fighting to get away and I eventually faint. Would a diagnosis of equinophobia be 'more than suspect'?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Sure, but I wouldn't be online making personality disorder diagnoses if I were a licensed psychiatrist.

I don't disagree with the observations, but with Trump I think a lot of what he shows is a tried and true method of exciting his supporters.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 11, 2016 at 5:43 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Sure, but I wouldn't be online making personality disorder diagnoses if I were a licensed psychiatrist.

I don't disagree with the observations, but with Trump I think a lot of what he shows is a tried and true method of exciting his supporters.

Which 'tried and true method' could easily be one of the signs of a charismatic psychopath.

I agree that most personality disorders shouldn't be diagnosed online (especially by someone like the author of the linked article, who is a social worker, not a psychiatrist), but disorders like charismatic psychopathy or equinophobia are pretty blatant.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Is that any different than

[Image: just-plain-nuts.jpg?w=361&h=412]
I was commenting on Hillary's 'psych profile' during the lead up to the election as to how I saw her through my "12 Steppers" glasses. Hadn't considered the ramifications of that in regards to the concerns noted in this thread above, but I will stand by my comments.

She was repeatedly showing red flags as to the degree she viewed being president as a desirable outcome to the election, and her unwillingness to accommodate even minor changes to how she does things was very concerning, again, as seen thru my 12 Stepper glasses.

Events subsequent to the election haven't changed my view as Hillary certainly hasn't changed either despite what should have been a huge 'reset' event. Something that has changed is how I view Obama and particularly as to how I perceive his view of being president. And that was as unexpected as it was negative. I know what he sees his accomplishment as, and it's surprisingly focused, amazingly focused. I also note he's more than content with it, and I'm coming around (disappointedly though) to his take on it.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 11, 2016 at 6:47 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I was commenting on Hillary's 'psych profile' during the lead up to the election  as to how I saw her through my "12 Steppers" glasses.  Hadn't considered the ramifications of that in regards to the concerns noted in this thread above, but I will stand by my comments.

She was repeatedly showing red flags as to the degree she viewed being president as a desirable outcome to the election, and her unwillingness to accommodate even minor changes to how she does things was very concerning, again, as seen thru my 12 Stepper glasses.

Events subsequent to the election haven't changed my view as Hillary certainly hasn't changed either despite what should have been a huge 'reset' event.  Something that has changed is how I view Obama and particularly as to how I perceive his  view of  being president.  And that was as unexpected as it was negative. I know what he sees his accomplishment as, and it's surprisingly focused, amazingly focused.  I also note he's more than content with it, and I'm coming around (disappointedly though) to his take on it.
Gee, I always thought of Hillary as someone who is amenable to change. Remember they got her to change that dowdy looking headband she used to wear.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(December 11, 2016 at 6:47 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I was commenting on Hillary's 'psych profile' during the lead up to the election as to how I saw her through my "12 Steppers" glasses. Hadn't considered the ramifications of that in regards to the concerns noted in this thread above, but I will stand by my comments.

Events subsequent to the election haven't changed my view as Hillary certainly hasn't changed either despite what should have been a huge 'reset' event. Something that has changed is how I view Obama and particularly as to how I perceive his view of being president. And that was as unexpected as it was negative. I know what he sees his accomplishment as, and it's surprisingly focused, amazingly focused. I also note he's more than content with it, and I'm coming around (disappointedly though) to his take on it.

Yeah, the more I look at politics, it's become obvious that in order to actually do well in politics, especially in America, one has to be, if not completely, at least potentially sociopathic. In politics, you have to be willing to screw over people for some perceived greater good (whether or not it actually is better is irrelevant; the important thing is it seems good enough to carry out, whether it means Neville Chamberlain screwing over the Czechs so the British Armed Forces can buy some time to rearm for a proper war against Hitler or if it's just Trump trying to make a border wall that would displace people, cost more than any building project in American history, take money from the economy, and actually not keep Mexican criminals from going into America) and sociopaths are certainly good at that.

That said, we do have to be wary about diagnosing people we don't personally know with mental disorders, although even my professors seemed to be willing to do so on occasion.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I apparently do a pretty good simulation of Aspergers when I want to*, at least when sufficiently motivated to be that way be being encircled by a bunch of idiots . . .

(I'm involved in a community project where I have to deal with other folks not smart enough to have figured out how to have avoided some odious public service commitment)

*seriously, it's a defense mechanism, at 12 Steppers I'm regarded as warm and gregarious, I just don't suffer fools gladly)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1054 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36884 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3137 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trump: The FAKE NEWS media is the enemy of the American people! Aegon 147 24503 February 28, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Trump: "Any negative polls are fake news" Aegon 112 15935 February 13, 2017 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Thought Flash Rhondazvous 5 746 November 16, 2016 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4119 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1679 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Good News - Bad News Minimalist 3 654 July 5, 2016 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1273 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32