Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 10 People You Would Invite To The Forum
Top 10 People You Would Invite To The Forum
If you could have any 10 people come to atheistforums.org (dead or alive) to come chat - who would you invite? Angel
Feel free to explain why.
[Image: geelong_football_club.jpg]My site: http://puglover.org
Bex loves: skiing, bike riding, maths, pugs,
her atheist society, politics and religious studies.
RE: Top 10 People You Would Invite To The Forum
I'd have to think about it a LOT. But off the top of my head, I'll have 5 dead first: Leonardo Da Vinci, Charles Darwin, Einstein, Carl Sagan and George Carlin/Bill Hicks (I'd have trouble picking out of those two probably!).
And five living: Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, Ross Noble, Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris/Christopher Hitchens/Daniel Dennett (I can't pick out of those last 3 yet, I think they're all great. And I need the rest on my list!).
I'd invite Jesus Christ. I'd ask him to demonstrate a miracle by showing me a thread which EvF hasn't posted in. I'm not even joking Tongue

Other than Jesus, I suppose it'd be nice to invite some of the people behind 9/11, perhaps have a little chat about whether or not that would be a good idea. Maybe we could invite Hitler and tell him that even though we aren't particularly into those jewish beliefs, it ain't enough to commit genocide over. And George Carlin would be lovely company on here Smile
Haha.. this is a good thread!
I'd invite God, and when it failed to turn up I'd use that as evidence against its existence.
(December 20, 2008 at 10:48 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I'd invite God, and when it failed to turn up I'd use that as evidence against its existence.

why not just create your own God like everybody else? Angel
(December 20, 2008 at 10:44 pm)puglover Wrote: Haha.. this is a good thread!

Yes! Its not arrogance if its true!!!
It really is a good thread. Great idea!
I would have picked Jesus for a laugh and out of interest. But I had all my list full! I quite like my list actually. Might change it later but I dunno.
Actually when Dawkins was asked for T5m what guests he would have round his dinner table, living or dead, any he wanted. He of course picked Darwin - but he also picked Jesus out of it seems, curiosity, - to "find out what really happened".
Evf

(December 20, 2008 at 10:48 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I'd invite God, and when it failed to turn up I'd use that as evidence against its existence.
Lol.
Hey, I'm pretty sure we've done that a few times ourself! Whether for a laugh or we were a believer in the past. Or we were just a kid messing aroundSmile
Why repeat the experiment lol Tongue
Yeah I know it was a jokeBig Grin but I'm curious to hear your list!!

Do you really want the truth to just be given to you?
Or do you want to find it for yourself?
In no particular order:

Jesus Christ to clear up those quotes and testaments.
Adolf Hitler for the same reason.
Barack Obama to see his arguments.
Pope Benedict XVI to see his arguments.
Bill O'Reilly because he's an asshole.
Christopher Hitchens because he's an asshole.
Albert Einstein to get a solid understanding of his position.
Hunter S. Thompson because he makes any subject more interesting.

That's all I've got.
Just God and Satan.

Then I'd get me a tub o' popcorn and watch the fireworks. [Image: lurk.gif]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1929 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  [Serious] Over the top Belacqua 146 12746 August 28, 2019 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3186 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11318 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6462 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with ErGingerbreadMandude 76 12579 March 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  What did you think of Richard Dawkins's old forum? TheMessiah 10 3992 June 6, 2015 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  If You Ruled Your Own Country, Would You Ban Religion? Salacious B. Crumb 79 11925 May 8, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
Exclamation If people will ask you why do you hate religion,... MountainsWinAgain 16 3957 June 5, 2014 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: archangle
  If you lived in Jesus' day, how would you of responded? Revelation777 169 22627 April 9, 2014 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: siryezser