Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:48 am

Poll: Do you think this Pastor should be in public at people's kids standing in line to see Santa, that Santa doesnt Exist?
This poll is closed.
Yes, absolutely, theres a war on Christmas and the casualties are our children.
0%
0 0%
I wouldn't do it myself but I see nothing wrong with what he did.
0%
0 0%
No, preaching should stay in the Church.
0%
0 0%
Hell no, what a Grinch!
100.00%
3 100.00%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Christians, is this man a hero or a Grinch in your eyes?
Poll: Christians, is this man a hero or a Grinch in your eyes?
[Image: God-vs-santa.jpeg]

We all hear about this supposed war on Christmas. Honestly I've come to the conclusion that there is a war on Christmas. Christians are waging war on Saint Nick (a real historical figure) and the Winter Solstice Holiday that Christianity, indeed, assimilated into it's own, just like Easter and the tooth fairy. I'm not interested in who started the winter solstice celebrations *cough, pagans, cough --but I do get tetchy when someone tells me or anyone else, how to celebrate our own goddamn holiday! 

So Christians, if you may, please vote in the poll and if you have the gumption to do so, feel free to explain why you voted that way please. Because all I see is a jackass in a store being a giant fucking Grinch. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz7bfLiPpRc

"A real-life Grinch sparked outrage among parents at a Texas mall when he took it upon himself to announce to a line of children anxiously waiting to meet Kris Kringle that Santa Claus isn’t real.

Evangelical pastor David Grisham filmed himself pulling off the stunt at Amarillo’s Westgate Mall in an effort to teach kids “that Christmas is about Jesus Christ,” then posted the video to his Facebook page Saturday. “Kids, I want to tell you today that there is no such thing as Santa Claus,” he’s heard hollering while walking alongside the long line of kids and their parents. “The man you’re going to see today is just a man in a suit, dressed up like Santa, but Santa does not exist,” he continues. “Santa’s not real. And parents you all need to stop lying to your children and telling them that Santa Claus is real when in fact he’s not.””*
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: Poll: Christians, is this man a hero or a Grinch in your eyes?
[Image: 1fvd61.jpg] [Image: 1fvd9e.jpg] [Image: 1fvdbu.jpg] [Image: 1fvdg4.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

[Image: 1fvdpr.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Well.. I was going for respectful inquiry but hey Vorlons here!!! Tongue
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: santa_vs_jesus_by_pazero-d4i0axc.jpg]
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
Countered with a genuinely heartwarming story about a Santa:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/38293294
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I wonder how he would feel if I gave the same speech, while just swapping "santa" with "jesus".
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Yeah, the dude sounds like a jackass.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 13, 2016 at 4:54 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: Countered with a genuinely heartwarming story about a Santa:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/38293294

Omg that's.. wow. See this is why I have no problem holding a dying seniors hand and comforting them about the heaven they so believe in. In cases where someones beliefs do them or me no harm, it doesn't matter really what someone else believes besides how they feel, and that they are comforted. Because I know what it's like getting to that moment and theres not much comfort in death. Even just to live one more second, is all you want! Its excruciating but this child sounds like.. like he died the best way that he knew how. I mean, wow. And for that man to do that four times for dying wishes? Props to him, I could not do that 

I think I may go cry a little.

(December 13, 2016 at 2:07 am)Luckie Wrote:
[Image: God-vs-santa.jpeg]

We all hear about this supposed war on Christmas. Honestly I've come to the conclusion that there is a war on Christmas. Christians are waging war on Saint Nick (a real historical figure) and the Winter Solstice Holiday that Christianity, indeed, assimilated into it's own, just like Easter and the tooth fairy. I'm not interested in who started the winter solstice celebrations *cough, pagans, cough --but I do get tetchy when someone tells me or anyone else, how to celebrate our own goddamn holiday! 

So Christians, if you may, please vote in the poll and if you have the gumption to do so, feel free to explain why you voted that way please. Because all I see is a jackass in a store being a giant fucking Grinch. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz7bfLiPpRc

"A real-life Grinch sparked outrage among parents at a Texas mall when he took it upon himself to announce to a line of children anxiously waiting to meet Kris Kringle that Santa Claus isn’t real.

Evangelical pastor David Grisham filmed himself pulling off the stunt at Amarillo’s Westgate Mall in an effort to teach kids “that Christmas is about Jesus Christ,” then posted the video to his Facebook page Saturday. “Kids, I want to tell you today that there is no such thing as Santa Claus,” he’s heard hollering while walking alongside the long line of kids and their parents. “The man you’re going to see today is just a man in a suit, dressed up like Santa, but Santa does not exist,” he continues. “Santa’s not real. And parents you all need to stop lying to your children and telling them that Santa Claus is real when in fact he’s not.””*

Yes of course the grinch is the Hero.. I just watch the grinch last night, and it would seem the who's forgot the religiously neutral meaning of Christmas in Whoville. and it was all about just giving and receiving presents along with all of the other traditional things...

It wasn't till the grinch stole christmas did the who's recenter away from the traditions and gift giving and refocus on the 'true meaning of christmas' for a who. Which all came together at the end and they started to sing. (which was btw the moment the grinch's heart grew, because they rediscovered what the true meaning of Christmas was.)

So no not a grinch.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keep or Remove Religion Poll FrustratedFool 36 2396 December 11, 2023 at 2:40 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Is God hiding? or are our eyes too inferior? WinterHold 49 5115 February 10, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Objectivist
  [Serious] The black man as a slave to the white man's god Foxaèr 51 2957 August 5, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  treking the grinch Drich 50 8668 December 21, 2017 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Karma poll Little Rik 462 47411 December 28, 2016 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Richard Carrier - The Hero Savior Analogy Minimalist 135 19304 October 4, 2016 at 8:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Pew Research poll - Muslims opinions on Islam Heat 2 1572 December 10, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 10997 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Christians... I NEED your help Mudhammam 25 5113 July 1, 2014 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Welsh cake
  Gallup Poll Minimalist 2 1413 May 29, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist