Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye
Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye
When it comes to addressing climate change, the world had best not look to the U.S. for anything resembling sanity, much less leadership, for the next several years. Rick Perry, of all people, is Trump's choice to head the Energy Department, and I have no doubt that he will be confirmed. This is what we get in the fact-free world we now inhabit, where scientific consensus is mere opinion and everything is up for grabs:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/u...spartandhp

Excerpts from the article:

"The U.S. Energy Department said on Tuesday it will not comply with a request from President-elect Donald Trump's Energy Department transition team for the names of people who have worked on climate change and the professional society memberships of lab workers."

"Reuters reported late Monday that former Texas Governor Rick Perry is expected to be named by Trump to run the Energy Department. The agency employs more than 90,000 people working on nuclear weapons maintenance and research labs, nuclear energy, advanced renewable energy, batteries and climate science.

The memo sought a list of all department employees or contractors who have attended any meetings on the social cost of carbon, a measurement that federal agencies use to weigh the costs and benefits of new energy and environment regulations. It also asked for all publications written by employees at the department's 17 national laboratories for the past three years.

Trump transition officials declined to comment on the memo.

"This feels like the first draft of an eventual political enemies list," a Department of Energy employee, who asked not to be identified because he feared a reprisal by the Trump transition team, had told Reuters."

Trump provides the perfect cover for the ideologues among the conservatives. While he keeps us distracted and amused/infuriated, they'll gut every federal agency that threatens their corporate narrative. They don't give a flying fuck about anything other than profit and power.

Way to go, America! We should be so proud.
RE: Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye
I am laughing so hard right now.
RE: Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye
(December 13, 2016 at 5:32 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I am laughing so hard right now.

Why?
Yeah, how ironic would it be if Rick Perry was nominated to head the government agency he couldn't remember he was going to eliminate?

(December 13, 2016 at 5:34 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(December 13, 2016 at 5:32 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I am laughing so hard right now.

Why?

Schadenfreude.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(December 13, 2016 at 5:34 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:

Why?

Meh.

I laugh at things I probably shouldn't.

You should try it, might help you stay positive or whatever.
(December 13, 2016 at 5:42 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(December 13, 2016 at 5:34 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Why?

Meh.

I laugh at things I probably shouldn't.

You should try it, might help you stay positive or whatever.

I'm positive that millions of my fellow citizens are blithering idiots.

Does that count?
Quote:Schadenfreude.

Does that mean "the world is fucked" in German?
(December 13, 2016 at 6:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Nope it's the German word for taking joy in the misery of others
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(December 13, 2016 at 6:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

No, that would be "Drumpf."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
And yet there are people still saying Donald Trump is anti-establishment. I suppose he's more anti-establishment than Hilary, but that's not really saying much! All I can claim to really know of Rick Perry is what the the DarkNatter2525 animation featuring him told me. That and the fact that he's a politician from Texas. But he sounds like a bad choice nonetheless.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why superpower countries do not overthrow Islamic government of Iran? Anti.Enslave 18 406 April 23, 2024 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Founding fathers view of government Won2blv 38 2458 March 21, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Goodbye Trump Fake Messiah 67 1967 January 22, 2021 at 3:46 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The greatest FU to the government this 4th of July Foxaèr 10 1272 June 15, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I love AOC! She nails it on the head! Secular Elf 11 1061 March 4, 2020 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A Good Time For A Government Shutdown TwoKnives99 18 2396 November 19, 2018 at 12:25 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 629 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2300 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Why does it have to be government vs market? Aegon 15 3106 December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Government By A Fragile Ego Minimalist 11 3018 August 23, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13