Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the F-Lock Key?
Where is the F-Lock Key?
Microsoft word Help is telling me I need to press the F-Lock key, but I don't know where it is and can't see to find it. Please help.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Where is the F-Lock Key?
Lol.
Not all keyboards have that key.
Look at you F1 - F12 keys... Does it look like they have extra functions? Like copying, pasting, open calculator, etc?
If not, your keyboard doesn't need an F-lock.
The F-lock should be above your num-pad. It locks the F-keys either to those extra functions, or the original F1-F12 functions.
Laptop? If so, you can use the 'fn' key, it's usually on the bottom left.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
F-lockin' Microsoft...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Let me be more specific. I'm legally blind. When I say I can't see the key, I mean literally cannot see it.

I'm on a desktop. Now if my finger is on the 5 on the num pad, where do I go from there to get to the F-lock thingamajiggy?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

Can you take a picture of your keyboard? It can be in different places on different keyboards.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Rhonda... from the beginning please... what are you trying to accomplish?...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(December 14, 2016 at 5:24 am)ignoramus Wrote: Rhonda... from the beginning please...  what are you trying to accomplish?...
When I pressed CNTL + Z it undid more than I wanted undone but when I pressed CNTL + Y nothing happened. JWindows Help said press f4 and if that didn't work press the F Lock key first then press f4. I'm using Word 2013 where they hid those little blue arrows for undo and redo.

Well that was last night and I ended up having to go back and retype what I hadn't wanted undone, but I still like to know where the dumb f lock key is so I can use it next time.

--Voltaire

Again, a pic of your keyboard would help us out enormously.
(December 14, 2016 at 9:13 am)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(December 14, 2016 at 5:24 am)ignoramus Wrote: Rhonda... from the beginning please...  what are you trying to accomplish?...
When I pressed CNTL + Z it undid more than I wanted undone but when I pressed CNTL + Y nothing happened. JWindows Help said press f4 and if that didn't work press the F Lock key first then press f4. I'm using Word 2013 where they hid those little blue arrows for  undo and redo.

Well that was last night and I ended up having to go back and retype what I hadn't wanted undone, but I still like to know where the dumb f lock key is so I can use it next time.

Why do you poison your life with MS Office 2013? I use MSO 2003 with compatibility tools and I don't have any of the problems I used to have with MSO 2013 which includes yours - undoing more than asked for.

[Image: 14bf59d54d.png]
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]