Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alan Thick dies, aged 69
Alan Thick dies, aged 69
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByKlgv9QHaA

TV icon Alan Thicke has died ... TMZ has learned.
We're told Alan had a heart attack while he was playing hockey with his 19-year-old son, Carter. He was transported to Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center around noon today, and pronounced dead there.
Law enforcement sources tell us ... a company that recovers organs was contacted, so some of Thicke's organs could be donated.
He's survived by his 3 sons -- Robin, Brennan and Carter ... and his wife, Tanya.
Alan played hockey regularly at a rink in Burbank. We're told he and Carter were on the ice around 11 AM when he started having chest pain, then got nauseous and vomited. The ambulance picked him up around 11:30 and took him to the hospita
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Alan Thick dies, aged 69
damn . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

FUCK 2016.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Here's a fitting tweet from him a couple years ago:

"Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal. (anon.)"
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
So many celebrities have died this year...
How's that Kirk Cameron dude these days?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(December 13, 2016 at 11:32 pm)c172 Wrote: How's that Kirk Cameron dude these days?

Apparently, he's priming up for a cruise to the Caribbean. Immediately upon hearing this news, I decided to look and see how Kirk reacted to his TV dad dying, and if he used it as an opportunity to preach about the wages of sin or something. So far, no news whatsoever on the Kirk Cameron front. Nothing on Facebook or Twitter, except for quite a few people asking "why did they take Alan Thicke but leave Kirk Cameron?", and not even his ambulance-chasing butt-boy Ray Comfort hasn't mentioned it, but I'm fairly certain something will happen in a few hours.

Also, I remember an episode of Saved By the Bell where Screech roped Lisa into a date and brought them to see a movie where Alan Thicke played a zombie, for a film called Zombies in Love. And now I wonder if the time is right to make that movie... Anyone got a camera, good zombie rom-com script, the directions to Alan's body, and a Necronomicon Ex Mortis?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Please don't sail off from Fort Lauderdale. At least in early May.
(December 14, 2016 at 12:46 am)c172 Wrote: Please don't sail off from Fort Lauderdale. At least in early May.

Don't worry, they'll sail off in Late February. Is that worse or not?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Works well for me. I won't bump into him and awkwardly refuse to pop him some wheelies or let him feel my "such strung arm muscles"...or, well, listen to him proselytize me on the ship.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  David Ogen Stiers Dies vorlon13 9 894 March 5, 2018 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A man dies and goes to Purgatory, is allowed to have any questions he wants answered Heat 1 1023 January 23, 2016 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Bird - Hit By Pitch - Dies Minimalist 12 1521 July 8, 2014 at 5:18 am
Last Post: Zen Badger