Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much did we pay for this?
How much did we pay for this?
Is this useless wasted science or not?

Sniffing out significant “Pee values”: genome wide association study of asparagus anosmia

http://www.bmj.com/content/355/bmj.i6071
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: How much did we pay for this?
Well.."we" probably didn't pay anything, seeing as it seems to be a Harvard team of investigators.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Quote:Conclusion: A large proportion of people have asparagus anosmia. Genetic variation near multiple olfactory receptor genes is associated with the ability of an individual to smell the metabolites of asparagus in urine. Future replication studies are necessary before considering targeted therapies to help anosmic people discover what they are missing.

I lol'ed.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Post-graduate students gotta do something, I suppose.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carthaginian DNA - Not So Much Of A Surprise. Minimalist 0 1287 May 26, 2016 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Primordial earth much more hospitable to life than imagined. Anomalocaris 0 964 September 17, 2014 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  So much for "intelligent design" KichigaiNeko 36 16250 April 23, 2013 at 9:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Too little salt more deadly than too much... theVOID 14 4964 May 10, 2011 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla