Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinn Fein staffer with IRA links to join Jeremy Corbyn's team
Sinn Fein staffer with IRA links to join Jeremy Corbyn's team
It turns out that Jayne Fisher, the newest addition to the Labour Party, has close links with Irish terrorists. It doesn't really come as a surprise considering Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell have previously praised IRA members in the past and also have links to Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/...byns-team/

Quote:Jeremy Corbyn provoked a heated row with Labour MPs this evening after he hired a former Sinn Fein member of staff to join his office.

Jayne Fisher, the former-head of Sinn Fein’s London office, is understood to be joining the Labour leader’s team as head of "stakeholder engagement" in January.

Labour MPs have reacted furiously to the news and accused Mr Corbyn of undermining his position by reminding voters of his support for the Left-wing nationalist party.

Mr Corbyn confirmed he had appointed Ms Fisher to the role at a meeting of the party's parliamentary committee on Wednesday afternoon and described her as "very lovely".

One MP who was at the meeting told PoliticsHome: "It's fair to say that the general response was one of shock and anger. Obviously, we really need to annoy more people in the run-up to Christmas.

"Jeremy said she was very lovely and very good and will be a great appointment. But she's worked for the Shinners - there's no getting round that."
RE: Sinn Fein staffer with IRA links to join Jeremy Corbyn's team
Yup, nowt worse than guilt by association, is there?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Here she is singing with Brendan "Bik" MacFarlane.

Photo of Fisher (below centre right) in 2012 with Owen Jones and Sinn Fein MLA Jennifer McCann (below centre left), who served ten years for shooting an RUC police officer:

In the photo below from 2014, Fisher is pictured alongside Sinn Fein’s Conor Murphy, who was sentenced to five years in prison for possession of explosives with intent to endanger life in 1982.

And here was I thinking that because of the peace process that members of groups who had given up their guns and violence had an amnesty (barring there being evidence they took part in acts of terrorism).

Silly me, guess I should have realised this amnesty only applied to loyalist paramilitaries who never gave up their guns and decided to become the mafia.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(December 15, 2016 at 6:45 am)Tazzycorn Wrote: And here was I thinking that because of the peace process that members of groups who had given up their guns and violence had an amnesty (barring there being evidence they took part in acts of terrorism).

Silly me, guess I should have realised this amnesty only applied to loyalist paramilitaries who never gave up their guns and decided to become the mafia.

Republican terrorists haven't surrendered all their weapons and are profiting from the drugs business as well. Your side is not innocent in this.
Yes, Bella. I read the links but appearing in public with a terrorist doesn't make you one. Just to educate me, could you list the actual crimes this woman has committed?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Ronald Regan invited members of the Taliban to the White House, does that make him terrorist too? Even those who think he was a terrible president, which I do, don't call him a terrorist. It's seems silly argument to me.

Irish had suffered terribly at the hands of the British. So I can sympathise with Sinn Fein. If it was my community being oppressed I'd probably get upset too.

(December 15, 2016 at 7:22 am)ReptilianPeon Wrote: Ronald Regan invited members of the Taliban to the White House, does that make him terrorist too? Even those who think he was a terrible president, which I do, don't call him a terrorist. It's seems silly argument to me.

Sorry but are you daft or something?

I didn't say she was a terrorist, I said she has links to convicted terrorists.

Quote:Irish had suffered terribly at the hands of the British. So I can sympathise with Sinn Fein. If it was my community  being oppressed  I'd probably get upset too.

How are they being "oppressed" in this day and age? Northern Ireland has made it quite clear that they wish to remain part of the UK and we respect their wishes, evidently Sinn Fein and the idiots in the Labour Party do not.

It's almost like they want the Troubles to start all over again.
You said Jayne has "close links with terrorists". Sort of a guilt by a association thing, wouldn't you say? I'm not the only one who has commented on this in this topic. I don't really see why I should be scared of the woman.

People in the past have had legitimate grievances. Maybe today things are fine, but Britain has bullied the Irish a lot over the years. I fail to see how the Labour Party isn't respecting the wishes of the Northern Irish people. Sinn Fein are democratically elected by people in Northern Ireland and we do live in a democracy last I checked.

Information 
(December 15, 2016 at 10:14 am)ReptilianPeon Wrote: You said Jayne has "close links with terrorists". Sort of a guilt  by a association thing, wouldn't you say? I'm not the only one who has commented on this in this topic. I don't really see why I should be scared of the woman.

She does have close links with Irish terrorists and that is an absolute fact. I am not saying you should be scared of her or anything like that but you cannot dispute the evidence. She is not guilty of any crime by associating with these people nor did I claim she was.

(December 15, 2016 at 10:14 am)ReptilianPeon Wrote: People in the past have had legitimate grievances. Maybe today things are fine, but Britain has bullied the Irish a lot over the years. I fail to see how the Labour Party isn't respecting the wishes of the Northern Irish people. Sinn Fein are democratically elected by people in Northern Ireland and we do live in a democracy last I checked.

Sinn Fein are absolutely democratically elected and currently share power with the Democratic Unionist Party in Northern Ireland, but it is quite clear that the majority wish to remain part of the UK and Sinn Fein's anti-British rhetoric of a "United" Ireland isn't exactly helping anything.

History can very easily repeat itself and I very much doubt that either side of the divide wants that to happen again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heineken pulls sponsorship from sports team Brian37 0 254 May 31, 2019 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Bezos links ‘blackmailing’ to Khashoggi murder WinterHold 7 1223 February 12, 2019 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Kavanaugh Can Join Thomas. Minimalist 1041 65674 December 31, 2018 at 11:00 am
Last Post: unfogged
  NFL Team Considering Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for Head Coach Seraphina 10 1213 November 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Canadian Army To Join UN Peacekeeping Operation In Mali Amarok 14 1452 March 20, 2018 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Join the NRA! Gawdzilla Sama 20 4783 October 7, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Should Join AARP - I Certainly Qualify! Minimalist 4 1322 June 16, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  'New IRA' says it shot police officer in Belfast account_inactive 7 1776 January 30, 2017 at 2:31 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  The State Department’s entire senior administrative team just resigned Minimalist 7 856 January 26, 2017 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  But You Can Bet Your Ass The Football Team Is Fully Funded! Minimalist 4 689 December 27, 2016 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist