Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Tory cuts...
More Tory cuts...
These bastards certainly won't be getting my vote.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tho...se-9458222

Quote:Thousands of people with progressive diseases and mental illness have lost their disability benefits in a cruel Tory cut.

Charities sounded the alarm tonight over a "devastating" shake-up which has axed or reduced 230,000 people's Personal Independence Payments (PIP).

The fund is designed to help disabled people live independently and is replacing the old Disability Living Allowance (DLA).

Yet around 110,000 DLA claimants who were reassessed for the new benefit - 21% of the total - have been rejected since PIP launched in 2013.

Another 121,000 - 23% of those reassessed - were given PIP but at a lower rate than their previous benefit.

Overall, 40% saw their payments rise and 12% saw no change.

The figures, covering April 2013 to October 2016 and compiled by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), were slipped out without fanfare on the government's website today.
RE: More Tory cuts...
Oh look, MPs are getting another pay rise.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mps...se-9457043

Quote:MPS are set to get a £1,000 pay rise - busting the Tories' own cap on public sector workers.

They are expected to enjoy a 1.4% lift from April 2017, bringing their salaries from £74,962 to £76,011.

The change - less than two years after a 10% hike - is set to outstrip the maximum rise for nurses, teachers and civil servants each year under the Tories.

Public sector workers had their pay frozen thanks to Tory austerity in 2010 and rises were then capped at 1% a year from 2012 to 2019/20.

A spokesman for public sector union PCS said: "Wage rises shouldn't just be for MPs. All workers deserve them.
*Urge to strangle politicians reaching ever-greater heights*
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(December 15, 2016 at 1:21 pm)Iroscato Wrote: *Urge to strangle politicians reaching ever-greater heights*

I'm fed up with the Tories as well.

Pricks.
The brother of Bernie Sanders, Larry Sanders, a Green Party councilor from Oxford (now retired), left the Labour Party and joined the Green Party for just such a reason (starts 6:20 mark). I found it amazing that under Tony Blair the Labour Party was doing the sorts of things Conservatives are now doing! Turns out out a Labour being in charge isn't necessarily good for disabled people either!

(December 15, 2016 at 1:23 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(December 15, 2016 at 1:21 pm)Iroscato Wrote: *Urge to strangle politicians reaching ever-greater heights*

Pricks.

But I thought you were right wing? the Tories are right wing (UK)

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 15, 2016 at 1:23 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:

Pricks.

Any problems you have with the Tories can be traced directly to your hero, Iron Balls Maggie. Re-thinking that, are you?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 19, 2016 at 5:00 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 15, 2016 at 1:23 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I'm fed up with the Tories as well.

Pricks.

Any problems you have with the Tories can be traced directly to your hero, Iron Balls Maggie. Re-thinking that, are you?

Boru

I remember well. My Auntie was quite well connected in London. One of her friends lost his job shortly after Maggie came to power. He was in a department that tried to gage future events. Maggie closed it, trusting to market forces alone.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39088847

Quote:Opposition parties have criticised moves to cut £3.7bn from the benefits bill by reducing the number of people eligible for disability benefit.

Labour said 160,000 people would lose out as a result of changes to Personal Independence Payments (PIPs).

The disability minister said new rules to clarify eligibility criteria for payments would ensure those most in need received maximum support.

The action follows two court judgements on how benefits claims are scored.

Labour said the government was not listening to criticism of how payments are assessed.

The Liberal Democrats said the government was using court losses "as an excuse to severely restrict disability benefits".

Disability rights campaigners said the changes were one of a number of cuts and changes faced by disabled people and those in ill health.
Cutting off support for the disabled is pretty low.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts onlinebiker 68 3284 August 13, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Tax cuts passed in Senate c172 34 3915 December 7, 2017 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Drich
  Vote Rigging Discovered In Canadian Tory Leadership Race Amarok 0 493 March 17, 2017 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Amarok