Our server costs ~$33 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: 19th January 2017, 00:32

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look what I found
Look what I found
I was looking for old sound recordings of historical personalities and stumbled over these photos. It always sends a bit of a chill down my spine to imagine how long these people have been dead and what they have seen in a world that was so very different from ours.

Or Berlin in the year 1900 - in color.

Although the people editing these films were cheating for a bit, since one scene is definetely the Odeon's square in Munich at the brink of WWI.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Look what I found
If you get a chance, watch A Trip Down Market Street (1906)

It was plausibly shot around 1 week before the earthquake destroyed the city.
If any email controversy impacted the election, it wasn't Russian hacking of the DNC and  John Podesta's email, it was Hillary Clinton's decision to have her own email server and the subsequent FBI investigation which raised all the same  questions  Hillary Clinton has justifiably faced for decades about her trustworthiness and honesty.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shitload of Roman Coins Found in Spain Minimalist 0 228 29th April 2016, 21:00
Last Post: Minimalist
  Thutmose III Seal Found In Galilee Minimalist 6 598 3rd February 2016, 12:22
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Roman Camp Found Near the Elbe Minimalist 14 1685 20th May 2014, 21:32
Last Post: Minimalist