Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:32 pm

Poll: Will the Electoral College dump Trump?
This poll is closed.
Yes, history will be made!
23.53%
4 23.53%
No, a dumbass will be elected as US President.
76.47%
13 76.47%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Real Election is 2 days away!!
The Real Election is 2 days away!!
Will the Electoral College dump Trump?
RE: The Real Election is 2 days away!!
I don't think so.

He was elected fair and square in accordance with our voting system. I don't support Trump, but don't agree with taking away the people's right to vote for who they see fit, even if it is someone like him.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
No, Trump will become President.
Trump could still die...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
I selected poll option:

"History will be made"

First orange american president
(December 17, 2016 at 11:42 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I don't think so.

He was elected fair and square in accordance with our voting system. I don't support Trump, but don't agree with taking away the people's right to vote for who they see fit, even if it is someone like him.

Trump was not elected.  That will occur on Monday, if at all.  The election that took place was not for Trump but for electors.

(December 17, 2016 at 11:48 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Trump could still die...

That's a decent possibility.  He may work himself to death with his late-night tweets.
(December 17, 2016 at 11:58 am)Jehanne Wrote: Trump was not elected.  That will occur on Monday, if at all.  The election that took place was not for Trump but for electors.

The electors are chosen by state party officials and pledge to vote in accordance with election results. Actual instances of electors voting otherwise is exceedingly rare. No way there are enough to flip this election.
Since the investigation did not reveal any tampering with the vote counts, the electoral college will vote as expected. As much as it breaks my heart to watch my country and its values crumbling before my eyes, Trump will be president.

Fuck. Fuuuuu-uuuuuuuuuuuu-uuuuuuuuuu-ck.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(December 17, 2016 at 12:01 pm)Cato Wrote:
(December 17, 2016 at 11:58 am)Jehanne Wrote: Trump was not elected.  That will occur on Monday, if at all.  The election that took place was not for Trump but for electors.

The electors are chosen by state party officials and pledge to vote in accordance with election results. Actual instances of electors voting otherwise is exceedingly rare. No way there are enough to flip this election.

Are you sure?  A Harvard law professor has claimed that 20 electors have contacted him for legal advice:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2016/Pr...ml#item-10
Considering just my level of disgust and revulsion and disappointment with the dems, I could see a massive defection of Hillary's electors since there has been so much emphasis on the electors responsibility and ability to vote their conscience.

Just hearing about Podesta clicking on a tainted email as the original source of his email hemorrhage could make one come to the conclusion the dems are just too fucking stupid to rule . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1037 45298 Yesterday at 2:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 770 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5229 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1453 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1048 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Looking forward to 3 days of hearings? Brian37 3 367 February 27, 2019 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Good News from yesterday's election. Brian37 14 2103 November 9, 2018 at 11:57 am
  How to keep Republicans away from the polls Foxaèr 3 549 October 26, 2018 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention ReptilianPeon 20 2395 August 2, 2018 at 9:47 am
  Should Hilary Run In The Next Election (The Unbiased Version) Amarok 67 9398 July 25, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13