Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An invitation to debate.
An invitation to debate.
I know that this forum does not have a debate sub-forum, and so, if the moderators want to move this thread to the debate sub-forum in the philosophy area that is fine with me.  I am looking to be debate any interested parties on the following question:

Quote:Did Jesus of Nazareth, after his execution, bodily and corporeally rise from the dead in such a way that his human corpse was no longer identifiable as being that of a deceased individual?

Any takers, feel free to jump in!  I would ask, however, that this thread be limited to debate only and without extended commentary, especially, on other topics.
RE: An invitation to debate.
Jeanne,

I possibly can be your "Huckleberry."  

Okay, are you talking about a godly figure born of a virgin on December 25th, where he was attended by shepherds and was considered a great traveling teacher
 and master? Did this godly character have 12 companions, or disciples, and where he promised his followers immortality, and as an added attraction to prove his
 godliness, he performed miracles?  Additionally, the person in question allegedly sacrificed himself for world peace, was buried in a tomb and after three days rose 
again and was seen by his disciples?

Furthermore, is the godly person you’re acquiring about, identified himself with the lamb, was considered to be the “Way, the Truth and the Light,” and the
 “Logos,” “Redeemer,” “Savior” and “Messiah,” where Sunday was celebrated as the day you worship this godly entity?

Is this the individual of your debate, subsequent to him being arisen from his three day tomb nap?

(December 18, 2016 at 2:22 pm)Jehanne Wrote: I know that this forum does not have a debate sub-forum...

We do... It's in the philosophy subforum.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 18, 2016 at 7:02 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(December 18, 2016 at 2:22 pm)Jehanne Wrote: I know that this forum does not have a debate sub-forum...

We do... It's in the philosophy subforum.

Do you want it here or do you want me to start a new thread?  Of course, feel free to move it at any time.

(December 18, 2016 at 6:56 pm)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote: Jeanne,

Okay, are you talking about a godly figure born of a virgin on December 25th, where he was attended by shepherds and was considered a great traveling teacher
 and master? Did this godly character have 12 companions, or disciples, and where he promised his followers immortality, and as an added attraction to prove his
 godliness, he performed miracles?  Additionally, the person in question allegedly sacrificed himself for world peace, was buried in a tomb and after three days rose 

Furthermore, is the godly person you’re acquiring about, identified himself with the lamb, was considered to be the “Way, the Truth and the Light,” and the
 “Logos,” “Redeemer,” “Savior” and “Messiah,” where Sunday was celebrated as the day you worship this godly entity?

Is this the individual of your debate, subsequent to him being arisen from his three day tomb nap?

Let's just focus on Jesus' (supposed) Resurrection from the Dead.
Yeah, if you get a challenger and a debate topic, we'll move it to an actual debate thread where only you and the challenger are able to post. Provided you get a moderator/admin to referee.

With a rando from the internet like this guy above, you're not likely to get any takers for the referee. We generally require users to have established a post history, but you never know.

If you feel you have a challenger, PM an admin and they'll set up the debate.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 18, 2016 at 7:53 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(December 18, 2016 at 7:02 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: We do... It's in the philosophy subforum.

Do you want it here or do you want me to start a new thread?  Of course, feel free to move it at any time.

(December 18, 2016 at 6:56 pm)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote: Jeanne,

Let's just focus on Jesus' (supposed) Resurrection from the Dead.

Jeanne,

Uh, okay, I thought you wanted to discuss the Iranian Bronze Age god of Mithras, who had the aforementioned godly attributes 
way before the copycat Jesus did of Christianity.  The pseudo-christians get real nervous when the primitive god of Mithra's historicity is 
mentioned because Christianity is just a hybrid of Mithranism which existed way before the cult of Christianity. To deny this, is to deny
their serial killing Jesus as god incarnate as well.

Good luck in your debate when you find a "taker," hopefully it will be a pseudo-christian for entertainment purposes, so as to watch 
said Christian turn themselves into a pretzel in trying in vain to explain away those damn embarrassing and disturbing biblical passages 
used in connection with your topic at hand!  

Pseudo-christian apologetics is one of the funniest acts known to any primitive god belief, agreed?

Ok then lol
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 18, 2016 at 7:56 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: We generally require users to have established a post history, but you never know.

Steel Curtain,

YOUR QUOTE, IN PART:  "…… but you never know."

You couldn't have spoken any truer words.   Smile

(December 18, 2016 at 11:28 pm)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:
(December 18, 2016 at 7:56 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: We generally require users to have established a post history, but you never know.

Steel Curtain,

YOUR QUOTE, IN PART:  "…… but you never know."

You couldn't have spoken any truer words.   Smile

Well your posting here has guaranteed that we won't officiate a debate thread with a person without a good post history.

(December 18, 2016 at 11:27 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Ok then lol

Is that a "yes", then?  If so, then I will start a new thread in the Philosophy sub-debate forum.  Please reply.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invitation for Atheists to Debate a Christian via Skype LetsDebateThings 121 12256 June 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  New WLC debate Jehanne 18 3334 March 28, 2017 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 23342 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Big Debate -- Price versus Ehrman Jehanne 43 9440 November 26, 2016 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
Information Catholics VS Protestants Debate Thread Edward John 164 19148 November 15, 2016 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  The WLC/Shelly debate -- gone missing! Jehanne 18 2908 October 8, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  [split] Big Announcement and Invitation LastPoet 77 11056 May 24, 2015 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Randy Carson
  Did Bishops (In London) Ever Debate Whether Or Not Women Were Human? ReptilianPeon 8 3381 March 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Brometheus
  Open debate: What does Jesus teach? Aractus 130 16260 August 4, 2014 at 8:06 am
Last Post: archangle
  Christian vs Bahai Debate logicalreason 0 1159 July 30, 2014 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: logicalreason