Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will America survive the next 4 years
Will America survive the next 4 years
My guess it's only a matter of time till the Trump-tards realize how badly they were ticked into voting for that man. However, what will happen if he remains in power for the next 4 years? No way he will be a two-term president, there's just no way. I have even heard some of his supporters demand that anyone opposing Trump should be imprisoned. And these are the idiots who hid behind the first amendment during the Obama years. 

Maybe I'm just being too dramatic, but I'm honestly scared.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Will America survive the next 4 years
I was feeling like he's just one cog in the wheel. And he is, but kind of a big one. There's him, his cabinet, and the people he brings into the SCOTUS. I think the latter of the three is most worrisome. SCOTUS can set a longer precedent, perhaps.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Life will go on.

The GOP wants to outlive the Trumpster, so they'll keep him in line.
Quote:My guess it's only a matter of time till the Trump-tards realize how badly they were ticked into voting for that man.

No.  They are so fucking stupid that they could never admit to having been conned by that scumbag.  In 4 years if someone is kicking them in the balls every ten seconds they will convince themselves that it feels good.
This will pass. It may pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass. We will survive, and hopefully learn from our mistakes. Though recent history has shown that we don't learn very quickly. I think a generation may need to die out before we can really achieve progress.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

We'll survive this like we'll survive the coming global warming crisis -- mutated and decimated, but still alive. Trump doesn't know how to run a country, but he's too arrogant to care, and the Republicans in the house and senate are likely to go along with whatever he proposes on the theory that if they do, then they'll get theirs in return. It's a recipe for disaster.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Presidents dont really make much of a difference.
"Satan, who is the god of this world" 2 Corinthians 4:4 hath blinded the minds of them which believe not
I'm scared of anybody who uses the phrase 'hid behind the first amendment'
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(December 19, 2016 at 9:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:My guess it's only a matter of time till the Trump-tards realize how badly they were ticked into voting for that man.

No.  They are so fucking stupid that they could never admit to having been conned by that scumbag.  In 4 years if someone is kicking them in the balls every ten seconds they will convince themselves that it feels good.

So much this. I don't even think this is a stretch. I have been looking at the right wing spin sites recently, and the cabinet picks are being lauded as "draining the swamp" and the 30 jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier are being lauded as saving the manufacturing industry.

It doesn't matter what he does. He'll have a couple of wins and that will be the best thing to happen since Reagan.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3934 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1559 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7566 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 7402 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3107 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  Which Trump will be next on the ticket? Fake Messiah 13 799 January 22, 2021 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1150 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Make America Nice Again Secular Elf 53 3824 November 9, 2020 at 6:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why I Might Watch The Next 'Debate' BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1676 October 22, 2020 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  What do you think is Trump's next move? WinterHold 42 1787 October 8, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker