Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Red Dwarf fans: uncut versions
For Red Dwarf fans: uncut versions
I've been watching all of Red Dwarf through again on Netflix. I got up to season 7, and something weird started happening. Now, I was practically raised by Red Dwarf, so I know all the dialogue upside down and inside out. So imagine my surprise when they started saying stuff that wasn't in the script. Was I losing it?

No! I wasn't. It appears that there are extended/uncut editions of episodes in season 7! It's not all of them, I think it was 4 out of the 6. Also, the ones with the extra parts don't have a laughter track on them. So you'll quickly see which ones I mean.

I'm in England, so I don't know if this is available on Netflix in other countries. But if you're a fan, this is well worth it. It's quite a bit of extra material in some of the episodes. Enjoy!

I haven't got to season 8 yet so I don't know if there's any to be had there. I didn't notice anything unusual during seasons 1-6.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: For Red Dwarf fans: uncut versions
I saw the entire series on Hulu (well, most of it), and I'm not sure if their versions were extended (since it was my first time), although, for what it's worth, each episode of Series 10 crapped out in the last minutes of every episode. And looking it up on my iPad, Red Dwarf does not seem to be on Netflix in America.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
My son has the complete DVD set. We'll have to watch it over xmas if he comes over. Not sure if I could tell the difference in cut vs uncut. Would I know what to listen for? I've only seen it catch as catch can.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
We're making our way through all the series on netflix as well. I've only seen them once. We're in the classic period right now with the guitar solo theme tune that's still new.
Incidentally - "Red Dwarf - Uncut Version" is what I call my penis...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(December 20, 2016 at 1:04 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Incidentally - "Red Dwarf - Uncut Version" is what I call my penis...

Did you leave out "Angry"?
Boys from the dwarf.

I went to my first comic con as a rubbish Rimmer. Honestly after 2 hours in a car my costume was more wrinkled than Willy Nelsons ball sack.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 20, 2016 at 12:51 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: My son has the complete DVD set. We'll have to watch it over xmas if he comes over. Not sure if I could tell the difference in cut vs uncut. Would I know what to listen for? I've only seen it catch as catch can.

Episode 1 of season 7:

For example, they go into much more detail about the man they found who has been killed in the stampede. They learn his name is Eric, and go through his wallet to find things out about him, such as him being a vegetarian. This is missing from the transmission I watched as a child; and the missing laughter track is a giveaway too.

If that bit is in, then you have the extended cut. There's lots more as well, even in that episode.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(December 20, 2016 at 3:53 pm)robvalue Wrote:
(December 20, 2016 at 12:51 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: My son has the complete DVD set. We'll have to watch it over xmas if he comes over. Not sure if I could tell the difference in cut vs uncut. Would I know what to listen for? I've only seen it catch as catch can.

Episode 1 of season 7:

For example, they go into much more detail about the man they found who has been killed in the stampede. They learn his name is Eric, and go through his wallet to find things out about him, such as him being a vegetarian. This is missing from the transmission I watched as a child; and the missing laughter track is a giveaway too.

If that bit is in, then you have the extended cut. There's lots more as well, even in that episode.

Kool, I have him bring it over.
Let's have peoples' favorite quotes!

Rimmer, to his clone, in Me^2:

"Stop your foul whining you filthy piece of distended rectum!"

I loved the pure vitriol of Rimmer in the first season. He's mellowed a lot as the seasons went by.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek Fans on AF.org vulcanlogician 66 4547 March 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Debunking the myth about Red Shirts Amarok 20 1195 February 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Which is grammatically more right - "red new car" or "new red car" ErGingerbreadMandude 55 6945 January 24, 2018 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  For anime fans dyresand 3 864 March 31, 2016 at 11:14 pm
Last Post: rinahasekura
Information How Rimmer saves Red Dwarf Aractus 0 950 March 16, 2016 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Gas Sation Blessing Haz Tasty Splashing Red Fruit Punch Gatorade Edwardo Piet 16 2507 January 10, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  I am so upset, these fans of Amy Poehler are yelling at me and sending me hate messag poehlerbabe 44 7813 May 22, 2015 at 8:03 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  For Red vs. Blue Fans Amalynne0 1 943 July 21, 2014 at 5:03 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Thai Red Curry recipes or recommendations Clueless Morgan 8 1991 July 14, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Red pill or blue? Jackalope 40 10194 June 18, 2014 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Napoléon