Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is it with Trump supporters not wanting to discuss policy without name calling
What is it with Trump supporters not wanting to discuss policy without name calling
I just don't get it! Apparently we're not allowed to be critical of their dear leader. These mother fuckers are going to destroy this country. I even had a Trump supporter tell me it's none of my business who he puts in his cabinet

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: What is it with Trump supporters not wanting to discuss policy without name calling
I don't know why you're even trying. Every Trump supporter I've talked to doesn't even recognize basic facts reality.

Of course they don't want to talk policy. They have no idea what policy is, let alone how it will affect us.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: What is it with Trump supporters not wanting to discuss policy without name calling
Insults of Trump/Trump supporters: 4
Policies mentioned: 0
Not to deflect, but tbh it's the exact same thing as people on The Left who immediately jump to calling "bigotry!" "homophobia!" or "racism!" instead of giving actual based arguments. Something I called out on this very forum yesterday.

I'm starting to believe my generation have been raised idiots. On both sides, we don't discuss shit, it's just name-calling. No wonder nothing is ever resolved.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

If I had a pound for every time I've heard or read a Trump=Hitler/Trump supporter=Nazi reference, I'd be rich enough to hire Trump himself to be my personal masseuse.

There is pointless, childish and counterproductive name-calling on all sides. And frankly, watching it slowly but surely lock down all political conversation into a quagmire of shit-flinging scares me more than any one of Trump's potential policies, insane though they may be.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I'd like to discuss his na-ne, na-ne, boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo policy.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Why is that Drumpfucks are considered racist bastards?

[Image: Ku-klux-Klan-Endorses-Trump.jpg]

Eludes me.
(December 20, 2016 at 8:58 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Insults of Trump/Trump supporters: 4
Policies mentioned: 0

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize this thread was titled "Let's discuss Trump's policies." Was there one you'd actually like to discuss, or were you just looking to score a cheap point?

And explain to me how exactly one can have a policy discussion with people that refuse to acknowledge basic facts like that Obama improved the economy and isn't a Muslim.

Trump spent 15 months insulting the shit out of everyone and everything, and conservatives loved him for it and praised him for "telling it like it is" and "not bowing to political correctness." He and his followers frequently insulted Hillary and her supporters while not being afraid to throw in some misogynistic language, and conservatives were energized by it. Liberals insult Trump and his followers and somehow we're being childish and petty. I'll just add that to the laundry list of hypocrisies.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I just have to shake my head sometimes. They are blaming lefties for getting Trump elected because of the same kind of behavior that they are now using. Hypocrisy at its finest. Keep up the good work. When the pendulum swings back and the most annoying SJW president of all time is elected, I will blame it on the righties who are gloating now.
Weird; this exact thread, only mentioning 'liberals' where you mention 'Trump supporters', was made on another forum I frequent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social democracy in Europe without 5 minutes Interaktive 1 591 January 3, 2023 at 4:55 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The origin of my user name GUBU 1 201 August 16, 2022 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Kyiv is Calling onlinebiker 0 259 March 20, 2022 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1059 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump not welcome in Kenosha onlinebiker 47 2013 September 2, 2020 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Question for the Trump supporters The Valkyrie 33 3148 June 13, 2020 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  Trump’s evangelical adviser to Jim Bakker: ‘It’s not Republicans vs Dems — it’s God v Secular Elf 6 829 March 4, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1443 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hypothetical Trump Resignation (Poll Not Included) BrianSoddingBoru4 21 1422 October 4, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Trump supporters-why are they so sensitive? A Godzilla fan 27 1955 September 5, 2019 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Drich