Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:35 am

Poll: Will Donald Trump be impeached?
This poll is closed.
No, he'll even get reelected in 2020!
31.82%
7 31.82%
No, but a one-term President at best.
45.45%
10 45.45%
He'll resign within 4 years.
18.18%
4 18.18%
Impeached and convicted, likely, within a year.
4.55%
1 4.55%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will Trump by impeached by 2018?
Will Trump by impeached by 2018?
With The Donald's four bankruptcies, multiple affairs, seemingly endless fondlings of women, and disregard for regulations and/or laws that do not suit him or his business interests, he seems like he lacks a moral compass in his life.  With as many enemies as he has, it may only be a matter of time before he crosses the line into illegality and someone cries foul and calls for impeachment.  Even though I admit that I do not care for Trump, his future as the leader of the free world is an area of open discussion.  So, how long with he last?  One year?  Four?  Or, eight?
RE: Will Trump by impeached by 2018?
I think he'll resign.  The job is too much work and the fucker doesn't like to work.
(December 21, 2016 at 9:02 pm)Jehanne Wrote: With The Donald's four bankruptcies, multiple affairs, seemingly endless fondlings of women, and disregard for regulations and/or laws that do not suit him or his business interests, he seems like he lacks a moral compass in his life.  With as many enemies as he has, it may only be a matter of time before he crosses the line into illegality and someone cries foul and calls for impeachment.  Even though I admit that I do not care for Trump, his future as the leader of the free world is an area of open discussion.  So, how long with he last?  One year?  Four?  Or, eight?

Who's to say there'll be an election in 2020?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Dems are too busy with the circular firing squad of blame to even be thinking about fielding some good congressional candidates in 2018.

I could see MORE conventional thinking going by the wayside if the dems don't pull their shit together, and Trump and the 'pubs INCREASING their numbers in the house and senate in 2018. We are in a completely different game, and I can already infer that since the party in the White House ALWAYS loses seats incongress in 2 years, the dems are STILL thinking they don't even have to try.

Fuck that shit, they need to be hitting the ground running NOW to stave off 70 seats of 'pubs in the Senate, and 300 in the House in 2018.

Somebody needs to poop in Podesta's mouth and get him off the fucking TV . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I know there has been a lot of discussion about whether Trump has committed enough crimes that could potentially be impeachable. That said, it should be noted that impeachment hinges on Congress actually being willing to impeach him. Given that he's apparently working like Boss Tweed for the Republican Party, which has a majority in both houses, I cannot be too optimistic about them actually acting on those offenses.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(December 21, 2016 at 9:16 pm)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(December 21, 2016 at 9:02 pm)Jehanne Wrote: With The Donald's four bankruptcies, multiple affairs, seemingly endless fondlings of women, and disregard for regulations and/or laws that do not suit him or his business interests, he seems like he lacks a moral compass in his life.  With as many enemies as he has, it may only be a matter of time before he crosses the line into illegality and someone cries foul and calls for impeachment.  Even though I admit that I do not care for Trump, his future as the leader of the free world is an area of open discussion.  So, how long with he last?  One year?  Four?  Or, eight?

Who's to say there'll be an election in 2020?

Good point.  I should have put, "Assuming an election in 2020...?"
Before we advocate for President-elect Trump's impeachment, I think it's important that we keep in mind his Vice President: Mike Pence.
#FeelTheBern? Then get out there and volunteer on progressive campaigns, get appointed to government committees, join your local political party, and consider running for office. In order to push for change, you must participate in the political process.
I think we're stuck with the cunt for 4 years.

I agree with Min he doesn't like to work but... I think his narcissism is even stronger than his laziness. He just loves being the centre of the attention. I bet he'd stay president until he was 120 as long as there are still people there to tell him his hands aren't small and his toupee doesn't look like a dead rat on his head.

Lol Tongue

No way he's getting voted back in.
(December 21, 2016 at 9:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I think he'll resign.  The job is too much work and the fucker doesn't like to work.

I would be tempted to agree with you if I believed for a moment that Trump was going to be the sort of President to do hands-on, heavy policy lifting. But that's not him. Pence, Trump's cabinet and inner circle, and Congressional Republicans will handle the messy, boring stuff. So get ready for an avalanche of the GOP's "greatest hits" as well as scores of items from their legislative wish list before the mid-term elections.

Trump will be the pitchman for this upcoming shit fest, which is precisely what he's always been. It's the perfect marriage of his peculiar skill set, his narcissism, and his need to cement relations with his party -- all played out on the grandest stage of all. Resign? I doubt it.

As for impeachment, I suspect his tangled business affairs and generally loose sense of ethics will provide plenty of ammunition for some such action over time, but not while the GOP retains control over Congress. As long as Trump successfully sells their brand, they'll give him all the cover he'll need to weather the storm.
I heard it said that the Japanese consider Americans to be fat and lazy, and now, they will have their poster person for exactly that!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 983 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Donald Trump Officially Impeached! Rev. Rye 118 7831 December 28, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36697 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Why Trump likely won't be impeached Foxaèr 6 1204 July 23, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Atlas Journals: Saudi Arabia and the change 2018 WinterHold 6 967 July 21, 2018 at 5:35 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  So happens if Trump is impeached after the mid terms this fall GODZILLA 16 2471 May 7, 2018 at 4:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  2018 Ontario Election (FUBAR) Amarok 11 1155 March 11, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The 2018 mid-term US elections. Jehanne 18 4446 October 7, 2017 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Oh, crap, how will this help a Democrat win in 2018? Foxaèr 5 797 July 17, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  So lets say Trump gets impeached, what happens next? NuclearEnergy 23 5320 July 11, 2017 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist