Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now You're Dead?
Now You're Dead?
When you hear of a persons death are you sometimes surprised that they were not already? "What? I thought they were dead years ago!"  Happens to me all the time. 

This week : Zsa Zsa Gabor.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Now You're Dead?
Not with Zsa Zsa; I seem to always pick up on her medical news. But Henry Kissinger, yeah.

ETA: Ooh, Javier Perez de Cuellar, too!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
It was John Glenn for me. I thought he had died over a decade ago. I must have been thinking of Alan Shepherd.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Fidel Castro for me, given he's been dictator of Cuba since Columbus showed up
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

I get that at every class reunion. I'm not attending any more.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Meh. The cool cats don't seem to go to those anymore. Internet and that.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
For me, it was Kirk Douglas. I thought he had been dead for a while and I was pleasantly surprised that he celebrated his 100th birthday the 9th of this month.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Abraham Lincoln. When someone told me he was dead, I was shocked because I didn't even know he was sick.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 22, 2016 at 10:33 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I get that at every class reunion. I'm not attending any more.

I stopped attending mine too. I must have been going to wrong place. I don't ever see anybody I went to high school with. Just a bunch of old people.

(December 22, 2016 at 11:48 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Abraham Lincoln. When someone told me he was dead, I was shocked because I didn't even know he was sick.

Boru
Well, it's like Lincoln said, "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't look now women but the court says it's OK to pay you less based on history. brewer 4 1650 April 27, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  He's dead, you hockey puck. brewer 11 2204 April 7, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Now You Can Add "Despicable" to "Stupid" Minimalist 15 1840 July 9, 2015 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Got a bank account? You are now an investor professor 1 650 May 25, 2014 at 10:43 am
Last Post: max-greece