Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MTV news.
MTV news.
They've finally taken one of their videos bashing white people I suppose based on the amount of dislikes and the fact that even some fairly mainstream celebrities were making fun of how stupid it was.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: MTV news.
The funny thing is that until Trump was voted as President, this was the norm, and would have continued to not be challenged. Only because Trump is now prez can people start to come forward and challenge this type of ridiculous racism. Before it would have grabbed attention on certain sites, but the resistance wouldn't have gone viral to the point it did. People are not going to stand for this BS anymore. Replace the title with Resolutions for black men, and see what happens. We will not do that, but it shows the hypocrisy. Problem is there are some that still don't see that, because there is a belief that people of color can't be racist, because they don't have the power that whites do. As if it's a privilege to be racist lol.
(December 23, 2016 at 11:58 pm)scoobysnack Wrote:  Replace the title with Resolutions for black men, and see what happens.

Surely, if the title had been Resolutions for <insert subgroup>, the video's detractors would've been deemed "Butthurt SJWs", by good folks such as yourself, yes?
Yes, yes. Of course. All in good fun.

As it stands, however, the resulting butthurt is borne of Legitimate Grievance and/or Real Concern; the butthurt IS yours, after all. 
So, yeah...I get it. It's different.

That's how it works, right? Great
(December 23, 2016 at 11:58 pm)scoobysnack Wrote: The funny thing is that until Trump was voted as President, this was the norm, and would have continued to not be challenged.[...]

Boo-hoo... Poor oppressed white dudes couldn't get their little voices heard, until they elected an orange f*ck-muppet for president. Big Grin

LOL... Fuck off, SJW Drumpf*ck.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Great. You just butthurt paulpablo in his very own safe space.
He's been triggered...yet, AGAIN!

Well, now you get to be part of his signature wall.

Take that.
I saw the MTV video on my Facebook feed. It's definitely out of line, IMHO. We've got a handfull of college age kids lecturing all "white men." Ridiculous.

Here's a good response to it: http://www.unprecedentedmediocrity.com/c...ter-video/

Here's a good response to it: http://www.unprecedentedmediocrity.com/c...ter-video/
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Lol thank goodness Trump got elected so white people can come out of the shadows and not stand for this oppression!

If it weren't the saddest, most ludicrous sentiment ever, I would feel sorry for you poor people.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 24, 2016 at 2:32 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I saw the MTV video on my Facebook feed. It's definitely out of line, IMHO. We've got a handfull of college age kids lecturing all "white men." Ridiculous.

There's been so many replies making fun of the video already.  "America was never great for anyone who wasn't a white guy."  Is probably my favourite piece of this comedy gold.

(December 24, 2016 at 1:57 am)Thena323 Wrote: Great. You just butthurt paulpablo in his very own safe space.
He's been triggered...yet, AGAIN!

Well, now you get to be part of his signature wall.

Take that.

I agree with homeless nutter that it's fairly ludicrous to say white people got their voices heard because of Trump, anyone with internet access can get their voice heard if they have enough popular support online these days.

But it was just the tone of the post which makes fun of the idea that a white person could be oppressed which is why I added it to my piece of art.

I was a bit flattered you noticed it so quick though, you're on the ball.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(December 24, 2016 at 2:38 am)paulpablo Wrote:
(December 24, 2016 at 2:32 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I saw the MTV video on my Facebook feed. It's definitely out of line, IMHO. We've got a handfull of college age kids lecturing all "white men." Ridiculous.

There's been so many replies making fun of the video already.  "America was never great for anyone who wasn't a white guy."  Is probably my favourite piece of this comedy gold.

As a woman from South America who moved here with my family as a child, I can definitely say the US has been a great place for me to live. It isn't perfect, as no place is, but it's one of the best places to live on earth, and my family and I are all very grateful to be here.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
lol, this oppression cannot stand. I demand my right to be a racist dickbag!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People who watch fox news know less about the world than people who watch no news. downbeatplumb 5 2949 December 13, 2011 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman