Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilarious! Trump having problems finding artists.
Hilarious! Trump having problems finding artists.
Evidently, few want to perform at The Donald's inauguration:

Quote:Trump Wants the Biggest Inauguration Crowd Ever
A week ago, Donald Trump tweeted that he wanted the biggest inauguration crowd ever. It is unlikely that he will get it. Planners are estimating a crowd of 800,000, far fewer than the 1.8 million who showed up for Barack Obama's inauguration in 2008. The estimates are based on data such as hotel rooms reserved and the number of buses chartered.
Part of the problem is that Trump has had trouble lining up A-list talent to perform. Even high school bands are uninterested, with inquires down by 50% compared to 2009. Not a single high school in the D.C. area applied to participate. The Radio City Rockettes are on board, except that the dancers weren't consulted. In response to complaints from some members, they are being given the option to skip the inauguration. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is confirmed, except that there's pressure on them, including an online petition with 11,000 signatures, to cancel. And, as we noted yesterday, only one former president, Jimmy Carter, has confirmed that he will show up. Trump is spinning this as a good thing, tweeting that he wants "THE PEOPLE" at his inauguration, and not a bunch of A-listers. Which is good for him, because it looks like all the A-listers will be at a Democratic fundraiser scheduled to take place on Inauguration Day in Miami; a little bit of counter-programming from the blue team. (V)

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2016/Pr...tml#item-5
RE: Hilarious! Trump having problems finding artists.
He won't have "the people" at his inauguration any more than he's going to work for them as president.  More likely, the inauguration will be filled with the same millionaire CEO's that he's putting in his cabinet.

He won't keep the people happy, especially when a lot of them, including a lot of his supporters, suddenly lose their health insurance when he does exactly what he and the Republican congress has been saying they wanted to do.

The people voted for Trump, in part, because they wanted change and he's certainly 'different' from previous presidents.  If we can get the population to pay attention over the next four years, maybe they'll start to realize that not all change is good.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
He should book Stormfront.
Meh, I've been a news hound for 15 years, and went from being what used to be called a liberal, to now more of a political atheist, but more in line with conservatives after falling away from the left. The vast majority of Trump voters I know personally are the same. Most of us know how strange the left has become and reject it. At the same time I've met some really ignorant people who support Trump. Also have met some really ignorant people that wanted Clinton, and everyone between.

Regarding this post, the reason most don't want to perform is because everyone thinks he's what the left calls him, which are numerous names, and they don't want to be labeled as such. This is how PC controls people from straying away from the cult and plantation I left. You only know it's a cult when you leave, because when you are in it, you don't see it. The same thing happened with Obama. Any criticism even if true, would be accused of being racist, and now it's happening in a different way. And thank God we didn't get Clinton, or we would have to put up with it again by the left, where all criticism would be labeled sexist or misogynist lol.

The left in the US through the media mainly has a stranglehold on thought which prevents the truth from being told. They will be destroyed soon, but for now, it's too dangerous to cross them, because they will destroy your career.
(December 25, 2016 at 12:57 am)scoobysnack Wrote: Regarding this post, the reason most don't want to perform is because everyone thinks he's what the left calls him, which are numerous names, and they don't want to be labeled as such. This is how PC controls people from straying away from the cult and plantation I left. You only know it's a cult when you leave, because when you are in it, you don't see it.

This doesn't explain the numerous people like me, who are not liberals but aren't conservatives either, and find most of the "names" accurate descriptions. We are talking about a guy who has made statements / actions which are racist, sexist, and ableist.
(December 25, 2016 at 1:00 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(December 25, 2016 at 12:57 am)scoobysnack Wrote: Regarding this post, the reason most don't want to perform is because everyone thinks he's what the left calls him, which are numerous names, and they don't want to be labeled as such. This is how PC controls people from straying away from the cult and plantation I left. You only know it's a cult when you leave, because when you are in it, you don't see it.

This doesn't explain the numerous people like me, who are not liberals but aren't conservatives either, and find most of the "names" accurate descriptions. We are talking about a guy who has made statements / actions which are racist, sexist, and ableist.

You know it's a valid point. Before I would say it's all your perception, and your thoughts were irrational, but I'm not saying that now. I'm honestly starting to listen to understand, because I'd rather understand than just disagree. I guess the more I talk about Trump with people on the other side, the more I'm starting to hear them. Personally I see it as relative, and compared to some of the vulgar things I've heard from what I think are real racists, or sexists, Islamophobes, homophobes, etc, I see what Trump has said as very tame. As a result I didn't take what he said that seriously in comparison to what I've heard from others who were more extreme. However, it needs to be addressed how people perceive him, and why they do. I can't just discount another opinion as invalid because I disagree. I may disagree, but maybe that's because I'm comparing his rhetoric with more extreme examples.

It's almost like it comes down to the Crocodile dundee movie where he says, that's not a knife, this is a knife, and pulls out a bigger knife.

(December 25, 2016 at 1:00 am)Tiberius Wrote:

What are some of the most notable racist, sexist and ableist things Trump has done or said?
(December 25, 2016 at 1:43 am)pool the great Wrote: What are some of the most notable racist, sexist and ableist things Trump has done or said?

Racism:

He claimed that a judge that was hearing his case wasn't capable of doing his job because he is Mexican:
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/arti...-trump-un/

His companies were sued twice by the US Justice Department for refusing to rent his properties to African Americans, and making sure that his Housing Superintendents knew that was the company policy:
http://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495955920/...ation-case

He literally refused to denounce and refuse support from David Duke and the Klu Klux Klan until the backlash became too strong:
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/03/trumps-...e-amnesia/

His racist birther crusade attempting to undermine the legitimacy of Barack Obama (then lying about who started it and absurdly taking credit for ending it):
Here's a list of his actual tweets.

Sharing and retweeting Anti-Semitic meme (then, again, lying about where it originated):
https://mic.com/articles/147711/donald-t....1z9SdNugk

For more, see the Central Park Five, the "where's my African American" incident, calling Mexicans rapists and murderers, etc, etc, etc.

Sexism:
An unending string of tweets calling women pigs, pieces of ass, fat, cows, and more.

His crusade against Megyn Kelly, saying that she was mean to him and "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever."

His comments about Carly Fiorina, one of the Republican Presidential candidates: “Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that? ... Can you imagine that, the face of our next next president? I mean, she’s a woman, and I’m not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"

His comments recently about Time Magazine's Person of the Year. It used to be Man of the Year. He said he liked it better as Man of the Year, and then implored the crowd to agree.

His well known, and well documented history with female employees:
https://apnews.com/2778a6ab72ea49558445337865289508

etc, etc, etc

Ablism:

Trump Mocking Serge Kovaleski:
https://youtu.be/PX9reO3QnUA

When Charles Krauthammer (a right wing analyst) criticized him he said: “I went out, I made a fortune, a big fortune, a tremendous fortune … Then I get called by a guy that can’t buy a pair of pants, I get called names?”

Allegedly calling deaf people retarded:
http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/10/trump-al...arded.html

Is that enough? There's more.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 25, 2016 at 12:57 am)scoobysnack Wrote: Regarding this post, the reason most don't want to perform is because everyone thinks he's what the left calls him, which are numerous names, and they don't want to be labeled as such. This is how PC controls people from straying away from the cult and plantation I left.

The funny thing is this: I'm a registered Libertarian; I cotton to small government in most cases, support an almost-isolationist foreign policy, and have no boundaries on my speech imposed by the tastes of others -- yet I've been called "libtard" simply because I find the radical right as repulsive as the radical left. I think you've got filters which attenuate your view, leading you to think that one side (which, coincidentally of course, disagrees with your positions) is playing foul ball.

The fact is that politically speaking, America is suffering through a period of evacuated middle-ground; there's a no-man's land between the extremes on each end of the spectrum which works to shout down moderate, centrist voices, which is what this country really needs, in my opinion. I think both sides have good and bad points, but the fact is that if a Republican said the sun rises in the East, a Democrat would cry foul and check the sky -- and vice-versa.

Such polarization as has been going on in this country for the last 25 years will be the death of us unless we actually do something about it. First, we need to shitcan the knee-jerk responses ("He's a Republican, that must be wrong!"). Second, we need to get away from the vitriol. Third, we need to see that while, say, not all Repubilicans are racist, the policies they might espouse can and do have racial implications, leading non-Republicans to cry racism.

In short, there's a lot of people in this country who need a nice hot cup of shutthefuckup, and no one faction or outlook is exempt from that.

George Zimmerman is an artist, I'm sure he would be happy to attend. Donald could get him to do some painting. His paintings have sold for quite a bit too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1002 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36852 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
Video This is hilarious, but also very disturbing at the same time GODZILLA 10 2451 June 11, 2018 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Lying Sack Of Shit Already Having Memory Problems Minimalist 38 5628 January 4, 2018 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Republicunt Bullshit Artists Come Out In The Open Minimalist 16 2551 August 25, 2017 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump's blame game -- absolutely hilarious. Jehanne 3 539 March 25, 2017 at 10:57 am
Last Post: abaris
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3116 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4044 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Having a hard time really knowing who to trust in politics anymore EruptedCarcassBloat 32 4292 October 19, 2016 at 12:14 am
Last Post: Macoleco
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1673 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon