Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My forum message to theists
My forum message to theists
Hey guys!

I'm very glad theists join our forum. It's good to have lots of different viewpoints, for healthy discussion.

I have noticed however that the majority of theists we get here never leave the religious section of the forum. I think this is a shame, because we only get to see one very narrow side of all such theists, and they only get to see an even narrower side of us atheists. Some theists even suggest the atheists "all agree", which we absolutely do not, if you step into other discussions on the forum. But if you're just addressing theistic issues then of course, by definition, all atheists will agree that they don't believe in any of it.

So I invite you guys to get more involved in the wider community here. Talk about other stuff, and just have fun! We have lots of silly topics as well as serious discussion. It just seems a shame to come here and only trot out religious ideas which we're bound to have seen thousands of times before, when there's so much more each theist could share with us. It doesn't always have to be about butting heads over God.

For those of you who already do this, I appreciate it!

Thanks for reading.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: My forum message to theists
(December 27, 2016 at 3:56 am)robvalue Wrote: Hey guys!

I'm very glad theists join our forum. It's good to have lots of different viewpoints, for healthy discussion.

I have noticed however that the majority of theists we get here never leave the religious section of the forum. I think this is a shame, because we only get to see one very narrow side of all such theists, and they only get to see an even narrower side of us atheists. Some theists even suggest the atheists "all agree", which we absolutely do not, if you step into other discussions on the forum. But if you're just addressing theistic issues then of course, by definition, all atheists will agree that they don't believe in any of it.

So I invite you guys to get more involved in the wider community here. Talk about other stuff, and just have fun! We have lots of silly topics as well as serious discussion. It just seems a shame to come here and only trot out religious ideas which we're bound to have seen thousands of times before, when there's so much more each theist could share with us. It doesn't always have to be about butting heads over God.

Thanks for reading.

Actually 2 years ago I started posting in the philosophy forum.
After a while I was kicked to the Skepticism & Pseudoscience forum by people who refuse to tell me what
philosophy is all about.
Isn't that bizarre?  Smile
Theists visit here to prove that they're right. Otherwise they have no use for us.
(December 27, 2016 at 7:54 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(December 27, 2016 at 3:56 am)robvalue Wrote: Hey guys!

Thanks for reading.

Actually 2 years ago I started posting in the philosophy forum.
After a while I was kicked to the Skepticism & Pseudoscience forum by people who refuse to tell me what
philosophy is all about.

Very weird indeed.  How are you supposed to tell them if they have it right if they won't even tell you what their conception of philosophy is?

But seriously, Rik, Rob's point probably applies to you even though you aren't religious.  By droning on about the same yogic spirituality in every post you do risk being seen as unidimensional.
(December 27, 2016 at 8:46 am)Whateverist Wrote:
(December 27, 2016 at 7:54 am)Little Rik Wrote: Actually 2 years ago I started posting in the philosophy forum.
philosophy is all about.

Very weird indeed.  How are you supposed to tell them if they have it right if they won't even tell you what their conception of philosophy is?

Weird?
Not really.
The mod who kicked my thread to the gutter of Skepticism thought that he was smart only to realized his mistakes once I ask what philosophy is all about.  Smile

Quote:But seriously, Rik, Rob's point probably applies to you even though you aren't religious.

That's ok to post in different forums.
No problem with that if I only would have more time to spend on the net but I don't so I mainly post in one or two forums.

Quote:By droning on about the same yogic spirituality in every post you do risk being seen as unidimensional.

Before to become a serious theist I was DRONING everywhere really but as soon I realize that the only possible progress lie in spirituality then I start DRONING mainly around this subject.  Worship
Well in your case it is probably much more important that you continue to progress and improve yourself so that you can join with the meta-ultra-consciousness to keep the world together for the rest of us. Don't worry that we mock you for it. After all, how can we possibly understand such advanced concepts, right? So no time for small talk for you, yogi bear.
(December 27, 2016 at 9:45 am)Whateverist Wrote: Well in your case it is probably much more important that you continue to progress and improve yourself so that you can join with the meta-ultra-consciousness to keep the world together for the rest of us.  Don't worry that we mock you for it.  After all, how can we possibly understand such advanced concepts, right?
So no time for small talk for you, yogi bear.

Actually the progress is only individual.
Even if I would like to help you I could not except to give you some tips.
Miracles are very rare if they ever exist.
Hard work is the only way to the top.  Lightbulb

But don't worry about keeping the world together.
Someone out there make sure that it is kept together 24/7.  Smile
Robvalue's noble sentiment thread hijacked by contrarian. Huh
(December 27, 2016 at 10:17 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Robvalue's noble sentiment thread hijacked by contrarian.  Huh

Not at all Mister.
If only I would have been ignored then the discussion would have continue the way you would have liked but somebody was interested in what I said so the discussion follow a different course.
That is how the forum works Neo.
If on the other end you wish to stick to your liking then you should join a club where people got the same mental-physical motivation.  Lightbulb
All good suggestions Rob!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Short message for the Religious Heat 6 1519 December 22, 2015 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Heat
  Forum theists: when you have a moment, please... Athene 125 26625 October 27, 2015 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  A message to the Religious Napoléon 55 10035 July 20, 2015 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 4871 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Theists: What makes your claims right and the claims of other theists wrong? Ryantology 29 8141 March 21, 2014 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  A conclusion about theists on this forum Lemonvariable72 48 20556 September 18, 2013 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  Message from American to Europeans goddamnit 36 10436 September 15, 2012 at 6:43 am
Last Post: Red Celt
  A message to Islam Brian37 30 8665 September 14, 2012 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Message for all theists Phil 66 23083 March 12, 2012 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Some Tips for Theists on an Atheist Forum Rev. Rye 57 14922 December 18, 2011 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Jackalope