Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogue One
Rogue One
I have seen all of the Star Wars films (who hasn't?), and the most recent, Rogue One, was, IMHO, the best one of them all.  Why?  Because, unlike most of the others, it was real.  No spoilers, but the ending was fantastic, the two heroes....  If you haven't seen it, stop reading now!!  And, instead, go see it!
RE: Rogue One
And you gotta love the way they Fake Shemped the actors who couldn't make it (due to death or age) into the movie into it. Eat your heart out, Sam Raimi! Then again, most productions don't have Industrial Light and Magic at their beck and call.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
It was just a nice adult approach to spending time in the Start Wars universe.
The movie was boring except the vader scenes.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(December 29, 2016 at 12:20 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: The movie was boring except the vader scenes.

I really enjoyed it, but my husband felt this way, I think.

I did feel the first half of the movie was a bit disjointed and drawn out.  I thought the intro scenes were gripping, I was enthralled, but honestly had a hard time with the planet hopping and story for a while, though this was partly due to my terrible vision IRL and the fact we were forced to sit pretty close to the screen as the theater was pretty packed.

But once they got to Scarif, I was glued to the screen until the credits rolled.

Great story, very engaging.  It's not my favorite ever (I'd personally still place both a New Hope and TFA above it, but only just).

It's totally worth seeing on the Big screen though, even for non star wars fans, it's a great movie, I think!
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I personally wouldn't say it was the best Star Wars movie. Maybe third best. I still liked The Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope more. Rogue One was still fantastic, though.
Where's that dude (JJ's mate) who does a brief cameo in all of JJ's movies...
I'd say the new director told him to fuck off and get a real job...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Although good, I didn't buy into the story line/characters to the same extent as I did with 4 and 5. Plus I sent a good amount of time looking for defects. 

Since the hideousness of one, two and three, I think I'm just jaded and will never be happy with a SW again. Plus I'm old as fuck, the allure of fantasy may be gone.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I thought the movie overall was a little better than okay, but the last half hour or so was really fucking fun to watch.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Conversation last weekend at my home:

Brother : Are you coming with us to see Rogue One?

Me: Well, since I never saw the second Star Wars movie....

Brothern: Not a problem. It's a prequel, so you can see it then watch the others.

Me: Clarification...Since I never wanted to see the second Star Wars...
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!